The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Politics and a greener future > Comments

Politics and a greener future : Comments

By Peter McMahon, published 4/5/2006

With the environment the big political issue this century, the Greens could be looking at a brighter future.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All
I think the environment will take care of itself and us as well, problem is we won't have a say. Greens are no different to others, if you share preferences with the opposition, you've sold your soul.

But there is another subject that will rear its head very shortly, it won't effect us, just those that may have been born. The massive increase in infertility, sexual cancers and associated genital deformities that are caused by the water in the cities we drink, its polluted with a deadly chemical thats destroying the ability for the human race to reproduce. So the environment and the greens may not be relevant for the future, just our demise.
Posted by The alchemist, Thursday, 4 May 2006 5:10:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Perseus, great post. It made me laugh out loud. Not something a miserable scumbag like myself does much of these days. Many thanks.
Posted by Maximus, Thursday, 4 May 2006 6:06:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And whilst on the matter of a good laugh, and at serious risk of being booted off for posting stuff well and truly off topic, this was the last good laugh I had about a week ago. Hopefully it won't offend too many -

"Tony Blair started jogging near his home in Chequers. Every day, he'd jog past a hooker standing on the same street corner. He learned to brace himself as he approached her for what was almost certain to follow.

'£50!' she'd shout from the kerb.
'No! £5!' Tony would fire back.

This ritual between Tony and the hooker became a daily occurrence. He'd run by and she'd yell, '£50!' He'd yell back, '£5!'

One day, Cherie decided that she wanted to accompany her husband on his jog.

As the jogging couple neared the working woman's street corner, Tony realised she'd bark her £50 offer and Cherie would wonder what he'd really been doing on all his past outings. He figured he'd better have a darn good explanation for the 'Boss'.

As they jogged into the turn that would take them past the corner, Tony became even more apprehensive than usual. Sure enough, there was the hooker. Tony tried to avoid the prostitute's eyes as she watched the pair jog past. Then, from the pavement, the hooker yelled, 'See what you get for five quid?!' "

Yo!

Author unknown.
Posted by Maximus, Thursday, 4 May 2006 6:14:29 PM
Onlineopinion really is degrading. Where is a moderator when even petty and irrelevant jokes and trite giveaways get published?

This forum *could* be a valuable clearing house for opinions. Alas.
Posted by Remco, Thursday, 4 May 2006 6:48:20 PM
I agree with the posting of King Canute. The Greens are never going to make a useful contribution to the environment or for that matter anything else.

Who will deny that the environment in our cities and countryside is better now then say it was in nineteenth century. One example: 1858 was called in London the year of the Great stink. Some of you may recall the program on ABC TV as how an engineer, Joseph Bazalgette built the London sewers.

Who can deny that the expectation of life and infant mortality rates are lower now then say 100 years ago? True, modern wars like the wars of yesterday, may cause a short term reversal in the trend line. But overall the vital statistics for both the developed and developing world continue to improve.

Yet almost every advance in Public Health including vaccination, Pasteurisation, the Green revolution., genetic modified foods, irradiation of foods and much more have all been opposed by the Greens and their like minded soul mates, or their ideological ancestors.
Posted by anti-green, Thursday, 4 May 2006 7:39:08 PM
Yes……very funny Maximus. This forum could do with a bit more of that sort of input :)

Yair, pigs might fly if any political force in Australia starts addressing the really important environmental issues before it is well and truly too late.

I agree with Anti-green, even though I am by no means anti green.

I reckon the Greens and just about every non-government environmental organisation have been little more than pseudogreens, who have basically missed the point of true environmentalism - balance, sustainability, fighting against continuous population growth and the continuous economic growth paradigm.

Everything else is just a subset if not a completed distraction, to these vital aspects of real greenyism.
Posted by Ludwig, Thursday, 4 May 2006 8:17:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy