The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Book review: 'still not sorry' by Andrew Bolt > Comments

Book review: 'still not sorry' by Andrew Bolt : Comments

By Darlene Taylor, published 23/2/2006

Self proclaimed leftie expresses admiration for Andrew Bolt's new book release 'still not sorry'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Darlene, Yes, there is a division between ordinary Australians and Jones, Laws, and most of the Murdoch rat-pack of conservative journo's that set the agenda and feed the great unwashed bile on a dialy basis.( Are they listed as elites in your 'centrist' little black book?)mmmm, I do wonder.

Love letters to andy bolt sexist? I'm sure he gets heaps of mail (male?) professing undying love and admiration from both genders.

And since when did lefties have to 'self proclaim' themselves as if were a contagious disease? Read my comment on elites again before you answer this.

Brisvegas weather is getting cooler, please come home. I promise to take you out to Inala or Woodridge so you can meet more than 5 Aborigines in one day. It'll do you the world of good.

xxxooo

Rainier.
Posted by Rainier, Tuesday, 28 February 2006 10:00:27 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I take slight offence at being referred to as a 'gruff revolutionary', I actually have a good sense of humour and proportion, too bad darlene didn't mention this, though I'm flattered that I obviously ruffled her centrist feathers enough that she would use my woodford talk as an anecdote to open her 'review' of the Bolter.
It's interesting that the 'right' is now claiming the 'centre' too.
If anyone would like a copy of my woodford talk it's available to download at the woodford folk festival website, google will give u the url
"ggrrrufff!"
M
Posted by Gruff Revolutionary, Tuesday, 18 April 2006 11:25:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I take it that the last person leaving a comment was Dr Hirst, the " gruff revolutionary" who was quite rude at Woodford (aren't you ashamed to be called a revolutionary in this day and age, Dr?).

I thought the most notable thing about your speech is that you upset the various hippies and pacifists by your manner and some of your attitudes.

They should've be most offended by your support of radical murderers in Iraq, of course.

I guess when you are so far to the left, it's difficult to tell the right from the centre. Here's hoping you don't teach politics at university with that sort of confusion.
Posted by Darlene, Thursday, 20 April 2006 5:13:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I enjoyed the book and like Darlene I am a fan of Andrew Bolt. I canot help but agree with all of his arguments on Insiders on Sunday Mornings at 9 am. Barry Cassidy hardly ever gives him a chance to express himself and if ever allowed to finish while in full flow he would convince most people he is certainly worth watching. Unfortunately Barry Cassidy always has three left wingers on the programme putting Andrew at a disadvantage. The ABC and SBS are always Left Wing biased not ever giving a Liberal debater a fair go. Glenn Milne and Piers Ackerman are also terrific keep up the good work.
Posted by Julie Vickers, Friday, 7 September 2007 1:32:25 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy