The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Book review: 'still not sorry' by Andrew Bolt > Comments

Book review: 'still not sorry' by Andrew Bolt : Comments

By Darlene Taylor, published 23/2/2006

Self proclaimed leftie expresses admiration for Andrew Bolt's new book release 'still not sorry'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I like Andrew Bolt for his "fuzzy logic" it comes as no surprise to me that as an entertainer he wore a spotted bow tie, I thought all clowns did. I enjoy his appearences on the ABC's Insiders on Sunday mornings. He agues his logic, then the other two jurno's shoot him down in flames, another good time was had by all.

The reason he sees Australia as he does, is obliously he doesn't know any poor people, he must confine himself to his own kind, well off, which is why he has a dilemma between "his" reality, and what he sees portrayed.
Posted by SHONGA, Thursday, 23 February 2006 3:29:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mickijo says, 'How about Andrew Bolt as host of "Media Watch" , then it may become less of a lefty scab picking exercise and be watchable'. What a fantastic idea! He would bring over his gigantic fan club from the right and we'd have a less un-balanced audience! My only reservation, Mickijo, is that, it being such a bastion of the scabby left, the ABC might infect Andrew with a dose of lefty scab picking ideas. Would it be advisable for Andrew to be inoculated against the pox of rationailty and clear-thinking before he comes along? Ideas are so dangerous these days! Can't be too careful, can we?
Posted by FrankGol, Thursday, 23 February 2006 3:41:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mickijo says "How about Andrew Bolt as host of "Media Watch" , then it may become less of a lefty scab picking exercise and be watchable".

don't you know, old Bolt is really left wing, not really his hard right persona.

If you don't believe me have a look at his forum which really takes the piss, and look at Feb 20, "Andrew replies: Dream on, Grant. Left means never having to say you're sorry." (http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,18208572%255E25717,00.html

Now have a look at the title of his new "book"
Posted by PJG, Thursday, 23 February 2006 4:36:59 PM
Well now I know what failed and disgruntled ex-Queenslander writers do when trying to adjust their mono-cultural sensibilities to living in cosmopolitan Melbourne. They write love letters to people like Andrew Bolt. Mind you, I can't understand why she didn't get a job at the Courier Mail writing niggly little opinion pieces about anything and everything. Bitching eloquently is what she appears to try to achieve in this trite little note to Andrew (ere would i be if it wasn't for blacks to slag off at) Bolt. yawn
Posted by Rainier, Thursday, 23 February 2006 5:55:08 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Andrew Bolt, a slimy Howard loving propagandist, the type who would make you leave an otherwise good party.
Posted by hedgehog, Friday, 24 February 2006 10:01:17 AM
In relation to my comment about the number of indigenous people in Melbourne, I was trying to make the point that perhaps things aren't so great for indigenous people in this country (city). Let's face it, they're nearly invisible down here in good old cosmopolitan Melbourne. I don't always agree with Bolt, but I think generally his views accord with the majority of Australians.

Err, by the way, I am a self-proclaimed centrist, moderate and "ordinary voter".

Thanks for your comments. I enjoyed reading them, particularly the one about my Queensland sensibilities. What can I say, I'm more Queensland than Barnaby Joyce, damn straight and round up the cattle.
Posted by Darlene, Friday, 24 February 2006 6:23:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy