The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Ecrasez l'infame > Comments

Ecrasez l'infame : Comments

By Pierre Tristam, published 24/2/2006

Keeping the church and state separate is a lesson the Islamic world has not yet learned and one the Western world risks forgetting.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
A good article that unfortunately will miss its audience. To put "western" reason in front of a stone wall will not budge it an inch.

Islam CANNOT and WILL NOT separate state from mosque.

WHY? because it is part and parcel of the whole religious deal as dictated by their god through their prophet and sealed in a concrete block in haeven...

To change one accent or punctuation from the qur'anic text is alledged to change the whole religious message.

Islam is doomed from its beginnings.

It can only exist and make itself noticable in the world arena but by violence and manipulation of the ignorant masses.
Posted by coach, Friday, 24 February 2006 10:46:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Have to underline Coach'es words and raise him a few exclamation marks.

But lame humor aside, this is not a matter which one needs to be emotional about, it is simply a fact of Islam that the goal is always a 'state' under Mohammed. They would claim 'under God' but given that I disagree that Mohammed had any connection to divine revelation, (apart from that which he gleaned from the real Scriptures of Christ via Christians he encountered) I have to state it that way.

His goal from the outset, and it is described this way in all Islamic histories/biographies, was to create an Islamic state'.
The future was only seen in terms of fulfilling that goal for the rest of humanity.

Well, history caught up with him, and a well trained, disciplined Army at Tours under Charelemaigne demonstrated that their previous victories were not about 'Allah being with them', as much as the opposing armies not being up to speed.

The problem today is not a separation of church/mosque and state in the minds of Muslims, it is "how can be acheive an Islamic state here and now"

-Demography 'outbreed em' or out 'migrant' them
-Demonize the host country for 'picking' on them.
-Destroy those who dig their heals in and refuse to have their food spat on each weekend (Cornullla background)
-Deny that this is their goal.
-Delude people into accepting the 'sugar coated' version of Islam which says nothing about the negative aspects of the life of Mohammed.

So, don't hold your breath for a 'separation' of mosque and state.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 24 February 2006 1:02:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A very well written article.

Recalling history will always shine a light into the future, unless of course our pollies try to cover up and hide issues that don't fit with their 'truth'.

It is interesting that Irving got three years for 'doubting' history.
Didn't Windshuttle do that to this countries genocide of its indigenous inhabitants.
Posted by Coyote, Friday, 24 February 2006 2:01:30 PM
Oh I get it Pierre. You begin the article as though you are attacking the worst aspects of Islam and then you associate unacceptable behaviour with George Bush. Uh huh. A novel approach.

Voltaire once said that religion began "When the first fool met the first sly rogue." Pierre, I would like to introduce you to SneekyPeter.

Look mon ami, if you want to bash the yanks then you will have to do better than that. And next time La France loses another war, don't go crawling to the yanks to pull you out of le ordure again. The feeeelthy Amis have got long memories. And next time they will tell you Frogs to go and get boised.
Posted by redneck, Friday, 24 February 2006 5:09:51 PM
A Muslim cannot be allegiant to a democratic nation state. For a Muslim to say that man's law is superior to shari'a, Allah's Law, is apostasy.

In order for a Muslim to be a citizen of a nation state he must renounce Islam.

REALIST, "Love Australia or leave it."

LIBERALIST/IDEALIST, "Love or hate Australia, but if you hate Australia, then I tolerate you and will not discriminate against you and I encourage you to stay and continue your hatred - while your at it i encourage you to intimidate society, hassle, threaten and rape Austrlain gilrs - afterall, it is your Islamic culture and I tolerate that, and I don't want anyone to use the R word to describe me."
Posted by Thor, Friday, 24 February 2006 5:41:18 PM
It is ever so interesting that it was Muslim scholars who introduced early Greek reasoning to the barbarian West by means of the French monk Peter Abelard in the 11th century AD, St Thomas Aquinas later being influenced and releasing the Christian Church from a Dark Age lasting nearly a thousand years.

It is so interesting that Islam should lose its interest in Socratic philosophy as some say - meaning that we can find real goodness by use of deep meditative reasoning, by which means the German philosopher Immanuel Kant, much later taught that we can find God.

Some might ask how nomadic desert Arabs who accepted Mohammed's message of Allah so easily should also at the time accept much of what some call Golden Greek Reasoning. But no surprise for those with top marks for early Middle East history, for most of the Middle East which became Muslim, such as Egypt, Iraq and Persia, now Iran, had also benefitted intellectually through the conuests of Alexander, the great library of Alexandria in Egypt having had great attendance from all those countries.

Such historical information can be obtained from any university library, but not from lower school libraries
Posted by bushbred, Friday, 24 February 2006 7:52:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy