The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > RU486: Women will be free to choose > Comments

RU486: Women will be free to choose : Comments

By Lyn Allison, published 23/12/2005

Senator Lyn Allison adds to the debate on RU486

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Sure, RU486 will give women the right to choose. Condoms, the pill, diaphragms, spermicidal jelly....et cetera. The also give women the right to choose. Abortion and RU486 ( a rose by any other name) give women the right to be irresponsible. If you don't want a child then either don't have unprotected sex, or be prepared for the consequence. Sure none of these contraceptive (i.e. working against conception, the thinking persons choice) measures are 100% effective. And if they fail, then abortion will be an option. HOWEVER, there are to many people today having abotions for lifestyle reasons (can't be bothered with contraceptives/ I thought he loved me but then he left, so now I don't want his baby)
RU486 should be available for women who are victims of rape and incest, and as such should be held by ambulances and police rape units, or, like non-chemical abortions, available from a restricted number of practitioners.
I have a gorgeous daughter. When we discovered my wife was pregnant, we considered abortion because of my wifes health. As it happened, my wifes health improved with the pregnany.
Before we came to the decision (either way) we spent several weeks in councelling to help us come to that decision. and with the recent story about mental health issues correlated with terminations, this is an important step. An abortion drug is likely to sidestep the counceling issue.

AdrianGD
Posted by AdrianGD, Thursday, 5 January 2006 11:15:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lyn is one hundred percent right.We are pleased to have a lady leader especially on such important issues that only another lady could possibly understand. So to all you blokes out there either but out or put out the kids if you want them so much but dont tell us women we have no right to choose. By the way they make contraceptions for men also so why put it back onto the ladies.
Who is going back to the dark ages. You have a right to make up your own mind with your own wife but not tell others what to do. Get a life. Thank God we have a sensible leader in Lyn and i might add a very fair one.. I personally dont beleive in people having kids who cant afford them. I dont support the unmarried single mothers P after one child it should stop. If i were running this country THAT would be illegal so nobody would have to bother about this debate. Given its the singles that exculate the breeding in this Country thanks to Howards irresponsible idea to pay singles to have a kid that we all get to pay for.
Posted by Wendy Lewthwaite, Friday, 6 January 2006 7:43:55 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Everyone im adopted and if my mother at 14 had an abortion than i wouldnt be here so yall please try to learn your facts about abortion.
Posted by babbling_girl777, Thursday, 12 January 2006 7:34:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
babbling_girl, no-one has been saying that people should HAVE to abort rather than adopt out, or keep the child, but that some people simply cannot/do not wish to go through with their pregnancy. I am sure you are aware that pregnancy brings many health risks and body changes, and many of these are undesirable (your entire heart moves to the side, and your spine bends to a weird angle, among other joys).

While it is true that had your mother aborted, you would not be here, it is also true that she would then not have had to go through the trauma of giving you up.

It is equally true of all of us that had we been aborted we would not be here. It is also true that had our mothers fallen down the stairs while pregnant we may not have been here. Or any number of other reasons. Life is tenuous at best. We should be glad that some people do carry unwanted pregancies to term and adopt out- it gives great joy to some childless people- but we should not force pregnacy on people who do not want it. Its just too big a change to have to go through against your will
Posted by Laurie, Thursday, 12 January 2006 8:02:29 AM
laura. You are 100 percent correct. I had a girlfriend years ago who was forced by others to give birth. They ruined her life. She had a difficult nine months and lost her job. In those days you were not allowed to work like that. She was ill and it twisted her spine. She almost died in birth and could not walk for 9 weeks after a block was given incorrectly. Then she had pain the whole time and became hooked on pain killers. Years later she met a guy and was very happy until this child turned up knocking on the door. He left . After that we lost contact. I hope she has found peace and i will never forget what they did to her. Nobody has the right to force somebody to have kids. There are many women who were not put here for just breeding machines.Good for u Laura
Posted by Wendy Lewthwaite, Friday, 13 January 2006 7:32:00 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Its about time that there is a leader who makes good sense and doesnt put their emotions or religious beliefs before the issue.

The issue here is a womans right to choose and the woman should reserve this right without male politicians interfering!

Males dont know anything about what a woman goes through when she is faced with a decision on abortion.

like it or not WOWSERS abortion is legalised in this state of nsw providing that the foteus is less than four months i should know as my friend had one!

The only thing that is going to change is the method! Some religious people dont like it as this means that women have the power to sleep around if they want to and not have to suffer the consequences.The child doesnt have to suffer by being born into a financially impaired family or an abusive one thats dysfunctional and anyone who brings a baby into the above details is not considerate for any child!

The ru486 is a miracle drug as this means that women dont have to go to the doctors or the surgery to get an abortion they can just pop the pill and its all sweet no fuss no appointments!
Yeah, yeah there are sideaffects but what drug doesnt honestly....

Its all about choice and if you dont wanna get an abortion then dont get one! simple
Posted by Moni, Monday, 13 March 2006 8:37:29 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy