The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > An ethical and sustainable Australia makes sound business sense > Comments

An ethical and sustainable Australia makes sound business sense : Comments

By Simon Divecha, published 29/12/2005

Simon Divecha argues Australia needs clear policy leadership on greenhouse gas emissions.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
Let's see now.

You can turn lead into gold, alchemist, you say the SHA maps do not show what I say, which means you DIDN'T look and you politely try to prove global warming exists without any proof at all. Nice trick for a shill.

Have I got everything?

You have no idea about:
the inhomogeneity of the biosphere which makes it leaky,

the fact that you can't keep heat in a LEAKY greenhouse,

the fact that thermodynamic laws make greenhouse warming impossible at this time in geologic history

the fact that climate changes will continue to ACCELERATE after can't-think-for-themselves greenies have shut down every last trace of combustion on the planet

and the fact that if air emisiions are to be curbed it must be on the basis of their dreadful toxic components and not harmless gases like CO2.

The fact is that the waste heat and chemical disorder or entropy that we dump in coastal seas cannot be destroyed. Energy can not be created or destroyed. It can only be equalised with its ambient surroundings. The half life for violent climate changes performing this energy equalisation is many times shorter than weak diffusional equalisations which you THINK are instantaneous. All you have to do is look at the SHA maps at river mouths to see persistent plumes that are not diffusing fast enough to avoid being annulled by voracious low entropy formations. In most cases these plumes are not diffusing at all.

And remember the second law of thermodynamics states that order moves to disorder, hot moves to cold, either within a closed system or across adjacent connected systems. The latter variation is responsible for climate change. Since 90% of our waste heat is put into coastal seas where it hangs around as stagnant plumes, 90% of climate changes will take place between those plumes and tropical oceans or deserts where diurnal heat can build up.

Now the fact you can not work this through for youself does not mean it is wrong. You just need to learn some basic physics.

Don't be lazy!
Posted by KAEP, Wednesday, 11 January 2006 5:44:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Kaep; we had another good post by The alchemist on climate change, a modest assessment of the facts as we know them. In all of this I am conservative; I don’t want to find any thing too big to contemplate, however things are in motion all over and it isn’t due to energy made by man.

In considering global maps and data measurements we need some basic tools. With any change the magnitude is important; we start with finding what proportion. But so is the rate of change over time and we must integrate too.

In my last post I referred to the vortex. What drives the atmosphere into powerful cyclones is mostly heat on the surface of this place and I reckon our liquid effluent has little to do with it, likewise the additional heat in all the flues can be ignored but it matters what’s in that blanket of air above. However energy transferred from the oceans to the atmosphere is critical in driving all our weather.

Keap we should concentrate of how rough the transition will be in the wind up to new sea levels. A study of normal cyclone formation will be very worthwhile meantime. Add a few ocean currents and we may all get the picture.

This is where I changed my post -

Sorry but my physics may be a bit rusty, but one thing I am certain off, your use of theory makes little sense in engineering as I knew it. I am convinced only when I see reinforced opinion.

Be assured too; Celtic folk who settled in southern oceans have great powers of personal observation. That our tradition. What’s yours hey?

As I said we don’t get carried away with half baked science
Posted by Taz, Wednesday, 11 January 2006 7:32:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy