The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Vivian Alvarez Solon: 'A turnstile of incompetence' > Comments

Vivian Alvarez Solon: 'A turnstile of incompetence' : Comments

By Patricia Jenkings, published 16/12/2005

Patricia Jenkings argues John Howard should give a personal apology to Vivian Alvarez Solon.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Solon was not an innocent victim. She had more names than a country town telephone book. And why would she care about an apology from the PM when she is going to get a load of loot from Australian taxpayers?

DIMIA is good when it allows itself to be conned by ‘refugees’, but is labelled as incompetent and bad by the loopy left when it makes a couple of mistakes, in no small way contributed to by Solon and another woman who lied about her identity.

This particular Howard-hater makes the most of the opportunity to get it all of her chest in one go by adding on the PM’s other sins: his personal agenda, the Iraq War, failure to apologise to indigenous people, unfair treatment of boat people, and industrial relations legislation. Just how many times do these people need to say the same thing?

She even belts poor old John over the head with Arthur Calwell – the man who said ‘two Wongs don’t make a white’ – a very unlikely ally for this Howard-hater.

All this Howard-hating bore has to say could have been said in four words: ‘I hate John Howard’. And who cares about that? Certainly not John Howard.
Posted by Leigh, Friday, 16 December 2005 10:23:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Leigh - nice to see you acknowledge the PM's other sins...yes we export Australian residents, and Australian citizens, however on the otherside of the ledger we have imported a peaophile to study at James Cook University from the USA, and one of Saddams bodyguards, so one balances out the other doesn't it. I mean who cares if the Dept makes a few mistakes, I recall Government Ministers being sacked for much less incompetency than this. It speaks volumes about this government's accountability, or rather lack of it.
Posted by SHONGA, Friday, 16 December 2005 11:13:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Solon WAS an innocent victim, Leigh. She had done nothing wrong. Yes, she had several names, but she was traceable under both 'Alvarez' and 'Solon', which DIMIA officials later did when discovering they had deported a citizen. She was listed with 'Missing Persons', her husband called DIMIA to try and find her. Furthermore, she was injured and should have been in hospital, not on a plane to the Phillipines.

With Cornelia Rau, I can almost understand how the situation arose- Ms Rau was mentally disturbed, was speaking German, and gave a false identity. But not with Vivian Alvarez. Read the last chapter of the Palmer report, which deals with the Alvarez case. Ms Alvarez suffered incredibly from the incompetence and mismanagement of DIMIA, and should be compensated. "She'll benefit from the taxpayer now"... er, yes, as she should. The Government deported her, and took away years of her life, affecting her and all her family and friends. Her children should also be compensated for the mess they have been left with.
Posted by Laurie, Friday, 16 December 2005 11:38:00 AM
Your kidding are you not, I’m suprised you got the name right,You did not mention them in the article; there are several other names she is known by and used, and a false passport too boot. I think some people need to pack their bags and move to South America or Cuba; I get fed up with this Manipulative lying guilt garbage, especially when it is the mud throwers doing the crime, but in typical synchronization of the Moochers and Looters, truth becomes a casualty to the non existent entities of existentialism once more.
Don’t misunderstand the compassion issue, but just using it as a political propaganda mud slinging is not doing anyone any favors. At least you have held the public in contempt and make me and other hard working taxpayers accountable. Another 2 billion more victims in the world and Mandue Habib can become the new Prime Minister Hay. Intellectual Terrorist work is never done.
Posted by All-, Saturday, 17 December 2005 7:36:32 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Leigh – you are one pathetic little minded ignorant apologist, who is quite incapable of even getting the facts of the story to even resemble anywhere near the truth in this matter. You bask in your own ignorance, all the while you scrape the bottom of your little barrel of pathos!

Speaking from very personal experience that has not only affected me, but also my own family, I know that DIMIA “officials” to be bald faced liars and arrogant little jumped up racist fascists, who ignore, fabricate and so obligingly falsify documentation to suit themselves and their political masters.

I have no doubt that Salon was an innocent victim, she was harangued, she was badgered by little minded “quasi gods” who decided she was a just another Asian prostitute and went from there – yet when they were caught out – they lied further and tried to cover their evil by more lies and ignored it.

Yes – she SHOULD be compensated and compensated well for the wrong done to her, but that is not enough, those bastards who perpetrated this evil on her should be made to go through exactly what she has been forced to go through, but without any compensation – maybe they will then begin the process of humanisation.

Vanstone is not only incompetent, she is a vicious incompetent and it is my belief that she should be taken, on a leash that is, to dogfights – just to break them up!

As for Howard, he should be made to apologise, but because of little minded vacuous gormless people like you, has risen to “godhead” where like Victoria Regina, has proclaimed “We will decide who comes to Australia…” – and which citizen we will deport.

I was considering starting a collection to raise the sum of $2 – you know, a cent here and a cent there, from really genuine people, and when that amount had been raised, sent the money to his parents so that they could finally get married. (and I really do apologise profusely to all the genuine bastards out there!)
Posted by Kekenidika, Saturday, 17 December 2005 8:14:32 AM
Poor old John Howard, bet he was responsible for the tsunami as well.
I would like to hear a truthful,plain account of Ms Solon's entry into Australia, her life while she was here and how her family situation came about. How she came to end up in a wheelchair.
And I mean an honest account with no frills.
Also how much her lawyers stand to gain from her compensation.
Posted by mickijo, Saturday, 17 December 2005 2:15:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy