The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Brand Islam > Comments

Brand Islam : Comments

By Tanveer Ahmed, published 3/8/2005

Tanveer Ahmed argues Muslim communities must take greater responsibility.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
So the thread in this forum kind of sidetracked a little (as of course they usually do).

But I wanted to mention a compelling book I read recently re: the supposed inherent irrationality of religion. It's entitled The Case for Christ (by Lee Strobel) and was written by a former atheist now turned Christian.

It still leaves the question up to the reader, but it shows that it is possible to be an intelligent, rational being and still believe in a deity (specifically, one described by the Christian Bible).

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0310209307/102-9273984-3004930?v=glance

That has absolutely nothing to do with Ahmed's article, and I'm sorry for that, but I get really mad when I hear people assert that religious people are automatically stupid, as people in this thread seem to have. The majority of Australians are religious, and unless some proof can be found in the negative, that a God/gods does/do not exist (can a negative be proven?), I don't think atheists/agnostics have the right to lord over others their assumed superiority of thought. They have as little proof for their opinions as they accuse their crazy Christian/Muslim/whoever counterparts of having.

Peace,
Young and loving it
Posted by YngNLuvnIt, Saturday, 20 August 2005 9:32:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy