The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > 'Fair go act' needed in an age of terror > Comments

'Fair go act' needed in an age of terror : Comments

By Christopher Michaelsen, published 3/8/2005

Christopher Michaelsen argues Australia needs a human rights act to help combat terrorism.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
A fair go for moslems is a death sentence for us ordinary Australians. numbat
Posted by numbat, Wednesday, 3 August 2005 3:50:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ask the non muslims of hamtramck USA .. what 'fair go' is.
Is it the islamic call to prayer blaring in their ears from Loudspeakers (without sympathetic ears from their PC council) 5 times a day 365 days a year ?
http://www.detnews.com/2004/metro/0404/26/a01-133933.htm

When Muslims are prepared to sign a committment to NEVER do anything like this in Australia, I'm more prepared to listen.

Today- 2 interesting news items.

1/ The Myth of Moderate Islam.

http://www.acl.org.au/home/browse.stw?article_id=4370 (please read this)
Includes about how 'moderate' or revisionist Muslims who wanted to interpret the Quran 'in context' (as opposed to 'literaly with abiding universal application as written') who were declared apostates, tried and executed.

2/ That calls at LAST are being made in Britain condemning multiculturalism as 'dead' and searching for a common British identity.

For any radical muslim reading this, see my note after the Quran verse below:

Q8:59-60, ‘Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies’

Anyone who thinks Aussie's are easily 'terrorized' or intimidated should read about Kokoda, Tobruk, and the Light Horse which cleaned out the Ottomans from Palestine. Then, to see where our resolve and determination comes from, read "The man from Snowy River" by Banjo patterson, and you will get in touch with the spirit of the Anglo European Australian.

There are many blights on our national history, we are sinners, we are fallen creatures, but by Grace, we have a Saviour. Reconciliation with our indigenous first citizens IS possible.
There may come a time, soon, when 'The Emporer' calls upon us to do our national duty, to defend the nation. But the enemy may be within.

There is no justification in the New Testament for aggression in the name of gain, but to defend the peace and life of 'ones own' there is ample provision. (Romans 13
Posted by BOAZ_David, Wednesday, 3 August 2005 4:41:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am very surprised that there are still people in Australia who would betray their own fellow Ausies by advocating "fair go" for those "liars & Murderers".

How can we be so 'blinded'?

Let those people who wants to destroy us return/migrate to those "accursed" countries where their false religion is practised.

Australia and Many Western countries are 'blessed' because many believed in Jesus who died for their sins. Without shedding of blood is no remission of sins.

Those who reject the blood of the Lamb are rejected by the true G0D.

Having his offering (without blood) rejected by God, CAIN hated Abel.
People of false religions who cannot be accepted by God will hate those who are accepted.

God is fair. All can believe in Jesus and be saved - and be blessed.

Note: I migrated to Australia from a Muslim country. I believed in Jesus when I was 13 at about the same time when my father - a non-stop gambler who could not help himself, finally believed in Jesus. Being born again, all our lives changed
Posted by Reuel, Tuesday, 23 August 2005 10:33:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy