The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Work stress equals household stress > Comments

Work stress equals household stress : Comments

By Russ Grayson, published 3/5/2005

Russ Grayson argues the family work balance issue needs to be carefully considered by federal government.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
A reality check for those who believe that Sustralians are working ewver-longer hours

Average weekly hours worked
August Each Year
http://www.rba.gov.au/Statistics/OP8ExcelFiles/4-12.xls
Source: ABS Cat. 6202.0 and Reserve Bank of Australia
Posted by Rhian, Tuesday, 3 May 2005 5:45:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Russ Grayson says: "Work for many Australians is immensely rewarding and, say psychologists, necessary to our mental wellbeing and sense of participation in society. That is why people unemployed for a long time lose their self-esteem and sense of worth." Isn't it ironic that those that find themselves unemployed are often in that position as a consequence of people who are so lacking in self worth and self esteem that they work for nothing whilst putting down at every opportunity those who choose their family and their right to choose over the corporate ladder?

The old-time unionists were closer to the mark with their triple-eight lifestyle. Eight hours work, eight hours recreation and family time and eight hours rest.
Posted by rancitas, Thursday, 12 May 2005 9:09:02 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Since when was raising future citizens of this country, not considered work??

I didn't WANT to give up my highly enjoyable career in music, but SOMEONE had to look after the 'thing' growing in my stomach! I thought that since it was growing inside of me, then I would be the one most suitable to do so. Besides, 'the thing', grew older, smiled at me adoringly, called me 'Mum' and still does to this day! How could I neglect such a precious window of love?

No greater love is there, than what a child has for its parent. Do we really want to destroy this trust, and leave these 'balls of love' to their own devices, destroying one another while there is no-one around to guide and care for them?

Why?

Because Peter Costello has sent all the carers out to do some 'real' work !

Did you know that Peter Costello was a Latch-Key child from the age of 8yrs himself who still fully supports the Baptist Church and therefore credo, which is that the breaking of the marriage vows is a hell deserving sin?

Now are you getting a better picture regarding Peter Costello's limited points of view?
Posted by KidsNeedParentHome, Thursday, 12 May 2005 9:28:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy