The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Quality of aged care: Will you still need me, will you still feed me? > Comments

Quality of aged care: Will you still need me, will you still feed me? : Comments

By Kym Durance, published 30/3/2005

Kym Durance argues we need to payi our aged-care workers better if we are going to have a quality industry

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Well written article Kym. my opinion is that the situation re pay scales in relation to aged/disibility/home care workers is worsening at a rapid rate thanks to our elected politicians belief that australian workplace agreements are a good thing. Do any of them work under this guideline? having worked as an eca and now as a trainer and assessor of carers i note with interest how readily managment in the health care field have taken to awa`s for their front line workers while ensuring that their pay rates stay under the community services union award. For home care workers especially who in the course of their days employment also have the added impost of using their own car (for which they recieve a pittance). Refusal to accept the conditions of awa`s results in you not being offered work. Pay peanuts get monkeys.
Posted by tassie, Friday, 22 April 2005 12:47:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy