The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Lies, damned lies and fluoridation > Comments

Lies, damned lies and fluoridation : Comments

By David McRae, published 8/3/2005

David McRae argues that the public has been misinformed over the benefits and risks of fluoridation.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I am fluoride poisoned and so are a lot of others at the only support group for fluoride poisoned people http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/FluoridePoisoning/

Some people are poisoned by pennicellin - I happen to be poisoned by fluoride.

i guess that I am just one of those disposable peresons and it does not matter if government policy destroys my life.

Ronald Eheman
Posted by Fluoride poisoned people, Tuesday, 8 March 2005 9:41:18 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have to agree with David McRae and his thorough and compelling research that penetratingly shows that fluoride is – well to put it mildly - an outrageous travesty and complete disaster for citizens of this country. Mass medication for mass profits organized by insidious and money grubbing profiteers who have long forgotten what harm they are doing because they stumbled on an earner with a toxic by product that seems to provide a endless stream of cash flow to enhance their impersonal balance sheets. Meanwhile they have abandoned any moral principles – yes legal – moral or ethical no, but what does that matter for those following the doctrine lets move on and adopting the attitude of who cares – another bit of poison in the diet - we’ll all going to die someday, so what if it is a few years earlier? I’m all right Jack, the poor mug punters who have to drink the stuff – ah well. And the point is people like David McRae do care and should be highly prized and regarded for their ongoing sensitivity to this huge deception. Recall frogs simmering and then slowly brought to the boil in water – they die – just like fluoride slowly poisoning us all. The real tragedy for me in all of this is that the truth will not set us free. If we just tell people the facts, since people are basically rational beings, they’ll all reach the right conclusions. But they don’t that is the problem. I wish David McRae with his insightful and caring attitude all the best to help us get rid of this horrendous and deceitful lie of fluoridation.

NOT HAPPY JOHN
Posted by NOT HAPPY JOHN, Tuesday, 8 March 2005 9:54:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is heartening to learn that the Victorian Department of Human Services in 2004 acknowledged that dental fluorosis is an adverse effect of community water fluoridation because it simply confirms the evidence from fluoridated Ireland.

Here in the Republic the drinking water of some 73% of people is forcibly fluoridated and in September 2002 the Irish government’s Fluoridation Forum reported that due to the increase in dental fluorosis the fluoride concentration in water should be reduced by 30% to 0.7 milligrams per litre(‘mg/l’). That the Forum also declared that ‘at under 0.8 mg/l there are no significant beneficial effects in reducing dental decay’ is just one of the many absurdities of the practice.

More tellingly the Oral Research Centre in University College Cork (that has promoted fluoridation for years) confirmed on June 13th 2003 the severity of the fluorosis epidemic among Irish children, the very people that fluoridation is supposed to protect. Whereas in 1984 only 4% of 15 year olds here had dental fluorosis, by 2002 this number had increased to 36% --- a ninefold increase in twenty years. (http://www.doh.ie/publications/coral.html page 37) This is further corroborated by Irish Dentists Opposing Fluoridation (http://www.idof.net).

The equivalent figure for unfluoridated Northern Ireland 15 yr olds at 17% for 2002 is under half that in the Republic.

When it is also remembered that the UK government stated that ‘dental fluorosis is a manifestation of systemic toxicity’ (Baroness Hayman Written Answer 158, 20 April 1999, Hansard) we can begin to appreciate the wider implications of mass fluoride medication. It is time the wider medical profession faced up to its responsibilities in the light of this evidence of systemic fluoride poisoning. How about starting with fluoride exposure pathways and analysis of fluoride in bone?

Robert Pocock
VOICE of Irish Concern for the Environment,
Dublin
Irelan
Posted by Howzzat, Tuesday, 8 March 2005 10:14:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
May David McRae be blessed with many more published articles revealing the truth about the fluoridation fraud.

The claims about the benefits of fluoridation are exaggerated: e.g. Perth, fluoridated since 1968, has a major dental crisis: "Toddlers as young as one are having general anaesthetics to remove or crown rotten teeth. Paediatric dentists say rotten teeth in very young Perth children is a massive problem with about 20 children a week being given a general anaesthetic for extensive reconstructive dentistry and a further seven for extractions. Paediatric dentist Peter Readman said nursing bottle decay, which resulted when children were allowed to go to sleep with bottles filled with sugary drinks or even milk, was the main cause of childhood decay." ("Toddlers teeth spoilt rotten", The West Australian, June 26, 2004)

The latest NSW Child Dental Health Survey reports lower rates of decay in the permanent teeth of children in the Mid North Coast Health Region (which is only about one-third fluoridated) than in three out of the four Sydney Health Regions which are 100% fluoridated? (Armfield J; Roberts-Thomson & Spencer J (2003) "The Child Dental Health Survey NSW". Australian Institute of Health & Welfare (2003).AIHWCat.DEN117)

In the Mid North Coast Region of NSW the Health Department Statistics (SOKS data April 2004) show that non-fluoridated Kempsey and Hastings have lower rates of decay in children's permanent teeth than in neighbouring Nambucca which has been fluoridated since 1963?

Discover for yourself that the adverse effects of fluoridation are
underestimated: visit www.SLweb.org/bibliography.html and browse through the large collection of annotated bibliographies on peer-reviewed and published fluoride studies. Virtually all have been sourced from mainstream medical, dental and scientific journals. The majority show harm from fluoride. Alternatively, visit http://www.fluoridealert.org and begin by reading "50 reasons to oppose fluoride" which was authored by the Professor of Chemistry at St Lawrence University, Canton, NY.

Long live truth!
Posted by Blossom, Thursday, 10 March 2005 7:18:18 PM
Response from Author:

BabyBlue (post#2) says look at an online ADA media document and show the untruths. I looked - they are on every page.
Page 2 claims that nature thought of fluoridation first. NO. In Australia water is artificially fluoridated with silicon-fluoride compounds, toxic waste products of fertilizer production plants such as Incitec-Pivot in Geelong. Nowhere in nature are these fluoride compounds found in water. The US Environment Protection Agency says that there have been NO studies to see what chemical species are formed when these dissolve in water. Yet ADA and other advocates recklessly claim, with no evidence, that it is identical to natural fluoride in water.
Mothers milk is a good indication of how nature has developed ideal food for infants over millennia. The mammory gland vigorously removes fluoride, even if the mother is drinking it. Mothers milk contains less than 0.02 mg/L of fluoride. Fluoridated water contains 1.0mg/L. In other words, infants fed formula and tap water will be unknowingly getting over 100 times the level of fluoride that is natural for them, before their kidneys etc are developed to handle it. Using meaningless advertising slogans about nature is appalling ‘spin’, and dangerous when applied to infants’ health.
Page 4 is on safety and merely consists of five quoted endorsements from organizations. It selectively quotes from the UK government’s York Review. Go to the York Review’s webpage http://www.york.ac.uk/inst/crd/fluoridnew.htm particularly the summary page “What the York Review Really found” to see that they make no great claims to finding fluoridation safe. Their main finding was shock that after decades of fluoridation there was no high quality science on it anywhere in the world.
This ADA document completely ignores the many suspected and known health hazards that I gave references for in my article. To ignore them is untruthful. They should have the guts, integrity and respect for readers to discuss them properly. For more health hazards that the ADA ignores see Professor P Connett’s review of the science at
http://www.fluoridealert.org/50-reasons.htm
For a remarkable book on the history of fluoridation see
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/books/8233/8233books.html

David McRae
Posted by Ironer, Thursday, 10 March 2005 9:46:22 PM
Gosford City Council & Wyong Shire Council on the Central Coast in NSW are a Joint Water Authority. The issue is Gosford is an unflurodated water supply by defination of the Flurodation of Public Waters Act 1957, because it receives fluride on less than 180 days in any 365 day period. I find it offencive that due to water shortages Wyong supplies it Flurodated water down the 375mm coast pipeline from Terrigal as far as the Rip Bridge. Citizens do not know when the water is dosed at 1ppm and when it is not. 75 random days during the 2003 year. The media support the powerful in the community and only a fool would believe the powerfull are not systemicly lying to us. We are currently being presured to change I believe because Gosford is dangeriously low on water and while we are anti fluride the State has a problem supplying water from our north Wyong and Hunter Water both contaminated with fluride.
Posted by Gosford Foghorn, Friday, 11 March 2005 9:15:37 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy