The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Democrats are sinking > Comments

The Democrats are sinking : Comments

By Richard Denniss, published 18/2/2005

Richard Denniss argues that the Democrats need to stop taking on water before plotting a new course.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Interesting view their Timkins

"I get the feeling that a job was done on them, as they were becoming too uncomfortable for some. "

a bit of conspiracy theory - who put the grog in Bartletts Cocoa?

The Democrats were always a party to run down other peoples opinons because they had none of their own

They did not want to govern
They just wanted to annoy those who did
They were little more than a boil on the butt of politics
I guess they have, at last, been lanced.
Posted by Col Rouge, Saturday, 19 February 2005 6:33:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think they were just too full of themselves and they did the job of self destruction :)
Andrew Murray seems ok, and Aiden Wridgeway, unless u guys know things that I don't. I hope any of them who are decent will find opportunity for expression in other fields.
But as a party they were more of the carbunkle nature as far as I'm concerned.
I look to family first to be the 'keeping them honest' force and to also be a broker of some other more principled ideas.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Saturday, 19 February 2005 7:50:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Col, Boaz,
Nothing wrong with watchdog groups, and I suppose the Democrats were originally a watchdog type political group. Maybe the Family First party is similar.

But it is also best not to have thinking caught in a rut. Any political party can become corrupt in time, so it is best to be continuously thinking of ways of having more “people power” in government, and less “political party” power.
Posted by Timkins, Saturday, 19 February 2005 10:26:26 AM
yes, and with that in mind Timkins I would be legislating that the Senate be returned to the PEOPLE, with no one standing for it allowed to be a member of a political party !
Posted by BOAZ_David, Saturday, 19 February 2005 1:21:44 PM
So, the Democrats are sinking...

Good. Let them sink.
Goodbye and good riddance.

AK
Posted by Aslan, Saturday, 19 February 2005 6:16:56 PM
"The Demcrats have lost their place in the political landscape because their media space was cleverly cannabilsed by The Greens."

I agree with the above comment posted by robertomelbourne1

What worries me more about the Greens is that they appear to be a vehicle for the homosexual lobbyists. Here in WA they held the balance of power in the upper house. They supported the Labor Government on legislation to change the weighting of votes between city and country electorates.

In return for this they got changes to sex crimes legislation which particularly addressed issues such as the age of consent which for males was reduced from 21 to 16. Other issues were also changed but I cant recall what they were. It was a change to the legislation made somewhat surprisingly in the early days of the Government. Furthermore it was introduced with unseemly haste and lack of public awareness or debate.

It seems that almost all the Green politicians in WA are known to be gay. I'm not anti gay but resent the infiltration of a worthwhile political group with people who appear to have an agenda of their own and are willing to use the green cause to achieve that end.

I'd like to vote Green but I'm not willing to allow homosexuals to have increased opportunities to practice predatory behaviour.
Posted by Sandgroper, Saturday, 19 February 2005 6:59:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy