The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Is Kathleen Folbigg an innocent victim of SIDS? > Comments

Is Kathleen Folbigg an innocent victim of SIDS? : Comments

By Bernie Matthews, published 10/12/2004

Bernie Matthews draws similarities between the Kathleen Folbigg case and others in Britain

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
You know Mathew, human nature is an amazing thing, don't you think. I find it so typical that when people have no true comment to make they always seem to fall back on sarcasm as an excuse. Trust me sunshine, as an educated person with an IQ (at a guess) considerably higher than yours, I can recognise sarcasm, and you weren't (in my opinion) using it.

This is the last posting that I am going to make because I really do have better things to do with my time, than argue with you. I personally would prefer to argue in person. Megz thinks you might be a journalist, but I don't agree ( your grammer lets you down).

Kathy will face her day of true judgement when the time comes.

Have a nice day.

P.S. My very sarcastic daughter says .... put a mirror at the end of your bed and .... wake up to yourself
Posted by Nobodysperfect, Friday, 7 October 2005 4:14:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
well, mathew7-6, put in your place there a bit, eh - no witty reply?.... but i digress...

i would have thought that a journalist would have to research his stories - esp when writing a book... therefore, as you never spoke to kathy, myself, or any of her many friends that stand by her you have not fully researched your topic, but of course, fully researched doesnt lead to as good a story does it? In fact why ruin a good "story" with the truth!

*in response to your post of 24/12/04 - such a kick in the guts finding those diaries, that even though he & kathy were separated at the time he handed them in, they still reconciled for quite some time after his discovery of the diaries - visiting my house on christmas morning of 1999, craig was full of plans for the future for them - does this sound like the actions of a man devastated by what he felt his wife had done to his children?

*as for the diaries themselves, reading the exerpts in the trial transcripts came across to me as a mother in a bind of depression that was ignored by her other half (gee, i noticed the ignoring of kathy by craig myself over the 10 years that i spent with them) her only escape a FEW HOURS A WEEK at the gym in an attempt to help stop her "loving" husband's roving eyes & other body parts.(Funnily, these few hours a week were blown all out of proportion, as though she spent more time at the gym than the people who worked there). I think kathy's only wrong was writing down the thoughts that alot of mother's have, she also had the guilt of "could she have done something else to stop this tragedy?", not a guilt of actually committing a crime
Posted by Megz, Wednesday, 16 November 2005 2:30:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Megan, How's this for investigating. You lived at Mayfield when you where first married you then moved to Wallsend. You grew up in Kotara.Your father was a maths teacher who taught Craig Folbigg at one time.You walked out on your first Husband.You dumped your eldest son on his door step very recently.I will not discuss Kathleen any further as you seem to be unable to access the trial transcripts or rather won't, until you do please refrain from comment
Posted by mathew7_6, Tuesday, 29 November 2005 3:37:10 PM
Well, that just proves that your research abilities are real great - as only 2 of 5 points you listed are correct. If that is the way you researched your book on Kathy, it proves to me that most of your book could be, and probably is, wrong. Trial transcripts mean nothing, as the jury weren't given the opportunity to hear all sides of the story.
Apart from that, your reply has NOTHING to do with Kathy - which is what this forum is for - not for your childish prattling.
Since you know so much about me, maybe you should ring me so I can fill you in on all the facts - face to face
Posted by Megz, Wednesday, 30 November 2005 7:08:10 AM
still waiting on that phone call matthew.... by the way - iv read the transcripts & the exerpts of the diaries, & anything else iv been able to lay my hands on.... & im still of the same opinion... which, bcoz its not the same as yours, u obviously consider it 2 b wrong.... if u met with me & other friends of kathy's maybe u would see past the lies & exaggerations u have been told
Posted by Megz, Thursday, 27 April 2006 2:19:02 PM
Hi guys i know this is a little late for the last lot of comments but i am doing an assignment on female killers. Kathryn Knight and Kathleen Folbigg, and from what i have read on kathleen i think she may have been guilty of killing those beautiful babies.

It seems that 'matt' was copping a bit on this topic but i tend to agree with all his comments. I think that people have been blinded with the fact that she is a woman and people are viewing this as "no mother could kill four beautiful babies" when women kill all the time. Kathleen had as per the book "when a bough breaks" a short temper and the babies simply impinged upon her time and moods. the mere fact that after the deaths of two she inisted on keeping on having children just shows you that she obviously did not grieve for this loss.
Posted by schmatty, Sunday, 17 September 2006 8:41:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy