The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Another innocent victim of suicide: the train driver > Comments

Another innocent victim of suicide: the train driver : Comments

By Nick Ferrett, published 1/10/2004

Nick Ferrett argues that pointing the finger of blame for Maddock's death at Beattie is ludicrous.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I agree completley with Nick Ferret , and in fact recent revelations have validated these statements.
Take our Survey

http://franksartor.org/Orangenet/Suicide.htm
Posted by Doubting Thomas, Friday, 11 March 2005 9:04:17 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, Doubtingthomas, refered to you 'blog' and survey. Not happy with the tune, what they have at funerals & attempts to drum up church attendance. Beattie has an attitude problem,remember "ILove Libbie" Been plenty of political blunders since then. That's politics, and that's life. Just ask the folk at outpatience in any Queensland hospital. I live in a railway town, place is notorious for people getting run over. Not as big a problem as the roads.Overtired, fatigue, or youngesters driving like it was a toy, on and off public roads. Suicide is not always reported as such, so no matter how much training, support you can come up with, it will be there..
Posted by ELIDA, Saturday, 18 March 2006 5:20:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have recently been in the Railpage Australia (TM) forum and one of the posters is a Vic train driver. On this forum he was gloating about having hit a kid who was playing chicken with his train. He said he wasn't bothered, and beside, he was given a week off.

Is this sick thinking a work-place attitude, or is it the sad workings of one man's mind?

If you'd like to go and have a look, please see their forum: Disabled Woman outraged by YT Drivers. I was gobsmacked!
Posted by Opinions, Tuesday, 28 August 2007 4:29:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well first of all Nick as a train driver I say thankyou for even thinking of how the Train driver must feel and the fact that they have to live with the fact they hit someone with their train, that fact is so often overlooked.

And OPINIONS, what the driver said definately should not have been posted on the internet but having a fatality is a reality of being a Train driver and there needs to be some way for us to deal with it, and unfortuatly for most of us it means being switched off and cold, how would you deal with the fact every day you went to work, you ran the possibilty of killing someone? I have been a driver for 14 months now, in that time I have heard of 11 suicides and 1 accidental death, I myself have had a very close call where i had to put the emergancy break on and they only got out of the way when I was about 15 meters away, thats not much when you are driving a 186 tonn vechile.

You may be outraged but some of the Drivers are ruined and they never Drive again, some have nightmares for months,to be honest im on of the cold ones if someone puts themselves in front of my train im going to take the time of and hopefully get over it, with anyluck being cold and switched off will help me return to my job, which I love, and not have too many nightmares.
Posted by xanthe, Wednesday, 14 November 2007 10:02:48 PM
Well first of all Nick as a train driver I say thankyou for even thinking of how the Train driver must feel and the fact that they have to live with the fact they hit someone with their train is so often overlooked.

And OPINIONS, what the driver said probably should not have been posted on the internet but having a fatality is a reality of being a Train driver and there needs to be some way for us to deal with it, and unfortuatly for most of us it means being switched off and cold, how would you deal with the fact every day you went to work, you ran the possibilty of killing someone? I have been a driver for 14 months now, in that time I have heard of 11 suicides and 1 accidental death, I myself have had a very close call where i had to put the emergancy break on and they only got out of the way when I was about 15 meters away, thats not much when you are driving a 186 tonn vechile.

You may be outraged but some of the Drivers are ruined and they never Drive again, some have nightmares for months,to be honest im on of the cold ones if someone puts themselves in front of my train im going to take the time of and hopefully get over it, with anyluck being cold and switched off will help me return to my job, which I love, and not have too many nightmares.
Posted by xanthe, Wednesday, 14 November 2007 10:02:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy