The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Meeting the complexity of needs requires significant funding: Is the Family Court out of its depth? > Comments

Meeting the complexity of needs requires significant funding: Is the Family Court out of its depth? : Comments

By Daniel Donahoo, published 27/9/2004

Daniel Donahoo argues that the Family Court requires more funding to meet its needs.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Hi Daniel

The points you made in your article are true, but i think the issue of child sexual abuse and violence are separate issues when it comes to contact matters and the Family Court of Australia.

Mediation is difficult, if discussions are for a contact issue then it is valid in the Family Court but when it involves child sexual abuse and violence then mediation through the Family Court involves a discussion about family matters and merely discusses the value of a parent having a relationship with their child. How is the protection and safety of children important, and 'acts in their bests interests', I mean whose interest are the Family Court acting. The Family Court of Australia merely sweep issues of child sexual abuse and violence under the carpet, never to be seen or heard again.

It is apparent that issues of child sexual abuse and violence are merely issues of contact for the Family Court of Australia. I mean you stated it with the issue with your sister-in-law where mediation involved a family matter and contact, well it is exactly the same with child sexual abuse. I have difficulty in understanding this when 'child sexual abuse is a criminal offence' but when it involves the father is it a family matter.

There are many serious issues involved with child sexual abuse and violence and I can assure you that Family Court of Australia are doing nothing to address these issues. The welfare of children are suffering and sadly the Family Court of Australia are making huge amounts of money from this at the expense of innocent children.

Any way at least there are people like yourself who are trying but unfortunately everyone is talking and no one is acting. I am very concerned about the proposed Family Relationship centres as part of the new Shared Parenting Bill. That's an issue in itself. It will be a very sad event for children, where child sexual abuse and violence are involved because as children grow into adults the scars are there forever. Honestly yours.
Posted by Honest, Friday, 25 August 2006 11:11:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy