The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Beware the Green/Labor 'super profits' tax – it could be coming to ruin an economy near you > Comments

Beware the Green/Labor 'super profits' tax – it could be coming to ruin an economy near you : Comments

By Graham Young, published 29/8/2024

The super profit is thought to be 'surplus to requirements' so the government might as well take it away and redistribute it to someone who needs it.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
The problem in Australia are not the rich getting richer, it's the bureaucrats denying the working class a slice of the cake the ingredients of which are provided by the rich & the blue collar working class.
Bureaucrats & intellectuals are mostly takers & non-contributors & they are Australia's biggest hurdle to jump ! Start training for the October election !
Posted by Indyvidual, Friday, 30 August 2024 4:25:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indy,

You attack public servants as "non-contributors" what are YOU! The past master at non-contributing, 50 years without a days work, a record in itself.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 30 August 2024 4:43:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Libertarian's see everything through the lense of money/ economy.

So do Marxist's they just believe the system should be controlled by academic/ ideological Marxists (Dialectic Materialism (Economics)).

"Classical Hegel Derived Fascist's" and Traditionalist's believe that money is a tool but you shouldn't let the tool dominate the person using the tool- the tool shouldn't become the master- the money systm shouldn't become an end in itself but should serve the community.

Why should the Australian nation just give these valuable resources away- there are of course a few unstated assumptions here. In a sense minerals are the bank vault of the community, but GY is correct in saying that businesses won't invest if they can't keep the profits, and if there is too much political interference in business. This sort of paradox can be difficult to resolve. One potential way of resolving it is only to let Australian companies mine minerals, so the profits stay in Australia, but there are problems. Mineral prices are a moving target. Putting super-profits into more government spending is definitely not appropriate in a time of "pear shaped" government excesses. Some nations have created a sovereign fund, but in Australia governments seemingly have routinely dipped into such funds.

Elon Musk in his recent Twitter/ X interview with Ex-President Trump said that the biggest evils in the economy were "increasing and disproportionate Red Tape and Government Spending"- I think this is correct.

This is all to say I don't know... yet.
Posted by Canem Malum, Saturday, 31 August 2024 3:17:25 PM
But obviously I really don't trust the ALP Labor Party or even more so the Greens (Watermelons).
Posted by Canem Malum, Saturday, 31 August 2024 3:25:22 PM
Kudos Kid,

Its obvious you are not an Australian, a good ole' boy from Alabama maybe, but no Australian would say; "really don't trust the ALP Labor Party when ALP stands for Australian Labor Party. Australian Labor Party Labor Party, what a Wally. I'm please your kind don't like the Greens, there's no room for your extremism in a moderate party like the Greens.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 31 August 2024 4:40:58 PM
You attack public servants as "non-contributors" what are YOU!
Paul1405 (Amoeba),
You're literally admitting that you're of not much use to this society. I see some of my legacy in infrastructure that I was involved in to design & create & makes life easier for communities. What does yours show ? I can just imagine you as one of those Robodebt soldiers making life difficult for pensioners just because they commit the ultimate sin of growing old !
However, for yourself you more than likely exploit every salary sacrifice & Govt Super contribution to the fullest. It doesn't get much more hypocritical opportunistic than that ! I had the misfortune to have such Leftists as line managers so, I know how bad bureaucrats can be & how low some can stoop !
Posted by Indyvidual, Sunday, 1 September 2024 7:51:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy