The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Welcome to country - in your dreams > Comments

Welcome to country - in your dreams : Comments

By Stuart Ballantyne, published 29/8/2024

Stuart Ballantyne explains why the Human Rights Commission should be chasing him.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I was hoping to use Rex airlines next trip as I understand they didn't do acknowledgement of country coming into land. The contrast of hi tech and woke mumbo jumbo is quite bizarre. OK where are the traditional owners doing traditional things near the airport?

More generally the world's problems are getting trickier to solve. Lapsing into mysticism doesn't inspire confidence that those in charge know what they're doing. Ceremonies that require the burning of gum leaves should have exemptions for asthmatics. Sugar free fizzy drink for diabetics and smoke free welcomes to country for asthmatics.
Posted by Taswegian, Thursday, 29 August 2024 7:53:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I acknowledge my ancestors who settled this land. I respect those who fought in two world wars to keep this  land free. 
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 29 August 2024 8:09:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I acknowledge the decent folk past, present & future who denounce fake ancestry, fake culture, fake needs etc etc.
I acknowledge the hypocrites exist & I acknowledge my responsibility to try & make them see decency as a positive rather than a weakness !
I acknowledge that compensation has been made many times over to what was warranted !
Posted by Indyvidual, Thursday, 29 August 2024 10:47:40 AM
It is 2024 isn`t it?
I am afraid that 1770 and 1788 will never come again.
Posted by ateday, Thursday, 29 August 2024 7:13:13 PM
Being welcomed by real indigenous would actually be a noble gesture but having to tolerate fake ones putting on some fake spectacle is an insult to those who have & still are providing compensation after so much compensation already having been forked out.
Posted by Indyvidual, Friday, 30 August 2024 8:54:37 AM
This whole concept of highlighting racial difference is abhorent.
The sooner 'the original inhabitants' accept the truth, that they must assimilate, the better we will be.
We need to stop referring to them as different.
I think the elders bear responsibility for much.
Where do the younger ones get their strange ideas?
Who influences them as they grow?
Time for the elders to grow up?
This means relying on reason, not superstitious ideas.
Ground is ground. It is largely silicon dioxide I seem to remember.
So wherever it is, it is the same everywhere.
I doesn't take on special properties because some ancestor walked on it.
Time to clear away this nonsense attitude.
Time to treat the world as it is, and not endow it with artificial characteristics.
Better to live in a world of truth rather than one of murky abstract ideas.
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Monday, 2 September 2024 5:37:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy