The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Building a better future: the importance of student volunteers > Comments

Building a better future: the importance of student volunteers : Comments

By Jane Hedger, published 8/8/2024

The energy, creativity, and fresh perspectives that young people bring are essential to creating better communities.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
There is a “week of” for anything these days. Most people don't know about them, or give a toss if they do. But some people “encourage more young people to actively seek opportunities to help their local communities” - and keep them in a non-job calling themselves CEOs.

It's good that only 25% of young Australians between 18-24 are not falling for the “opportunity”. They are not completely brainwashed.

Young people have their work cut out getting a decent education and a job after being victims of the woke, unionised public education system. They won't be able to help themselves, let alone whatever bludgers qualify for help on top of a very generous welfare system costing billions. We should not expect volunteers to ‘create better communities and provide jobs for fatcats who can't get productive jobs themselves.

Fortunately, 75% of youngsters haven't fallen for the “opportunities”.

If our youth “are eager to make a difference. They are excited to contribute, innovate, and develop new solutions”, why are most of them not volunteering?

The myth of “significant challenges, from climate change to social inequity” isn't stirring them into action.

It is young people themselves who are probably more in need of volunteers with life experience to help them.

In the meantime, Ms. Hedger, try getting a proper, productive job yourself, instead of organising others to work for nothing.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 8 August 2024 10:19:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"They won't be able to help themselves, let alone whatever bludgers qualify for help on top of a very generous welfare system costing billions."

You would know ttbn, as a old fart with his snout well and truly in the taxpayer funded aged welfare trough, you would know.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 8 August 2024 12:51:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
At least I have the intelligence the honesty and courage to express my opinions: which is more that can be said for you. You only attack the poster, never tackle the subject, you horrible creature.

You disgust me.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 8 August 2024 1:36:46 PM
YOU, an old misery guts who is down on everything, always negative. Unlike you I agree with the article, young people can gain a lot from volunteering. What is YOUR contribution to society? Sad really as an octogenarian to be down on young people the way you are.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 8 August 2024 1:57:28 PM
Go away you horrible little man. I made a mistake by responding to your nastiness. You don't have the intelligence to simply state your own opinions and let them speak for themselves. You are a loser - fit only for calling other people names at primary school level, where your education stopped.

My comments were, as always, directed to the subject raised by a contributor: not to an ignorant nitwit who didn't like the comments. Online OPINION is, believe it or not, about OPINIONS, not about arguing with idiots like you.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 8 August 2024 3:35:09 PM
ttbn

The disease is described colloquially as bong psychosis and is common around Nimbin.
The coppers will finish him/it/her off soon.
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 8 August 2024 3:50:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy