The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The housing fix we actually CAN do something about > Comments

The housing fix we actually CAN do something about : Comments

By Ross Elliott, published 2/8/2024

We can fix this. We could radically rethink the way each level of government is happily but secretly clipping the ticket on new housing, or is adding to compliance costs.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
DD

No. You know full well my views on THE LNP.

There is no point in mentioning the Opposition when it is Labor doing the dirty currently.

I have litte more time for the Coalition than I do for Labor. But there is no point in criticism of ex-governments that have already punished for their sins by being kicked out.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 3 August 2024 10:22:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
#But there is no point in criticism of ex-governments that have already punished for their sins by being kicked out.# ttbn

That’s a perpetual wheel you describe. Would be great if the process produced meaningful outcomes, but it doesn’t: Same sideshow same entrance fee=one vote =worthless outcome!
Posted by diver dan, Saturday, 3 August 2024 12:47:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
already punished for their sins by being kicked out.
ttbn,
Well, not quite as simple as that, they still have their undeserving snouts in the trough !
Posted by Indyvidual, Monday, 5 August 2024 8:49:47 AM
A lot of the housing shortage exists because houses are not available where people want them to be. With 1 million houses vacant at any time in AU.
Three 5 set trains leave from where i live to Melbourne every day before 7 AM. 6 days / week. They work in Melbourne and live 160 km's away.
And that causes house pricing to rise so young people cannot get into housing here, and rents sky high.
Maybe it's time to start more major towns.
Posted by doog, Wednesday, 7 August 2024 1:11:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy