The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The sliding doors of political violence: what if Trump's near assassination had succeeded? > Comments

The sliding doors of political violence: what if Trump's near assassination had succeeded? : Comments

By Vince Hooper, published 15/7/2024

What if the attempt had succeeded? How would it have reshaped the political landscape, and what lessons must we learn from this close call?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
America has assassinated 4 presidents, and shot 2: Reagan and now Trump.

Some democracy!

The “media's role in a crisis”? Forget any media that said Trump “fell”; and the media that wouldn't publish the photo of a defiant Trump, blood running down his face, fist clenched, calling “fight”.

The media is rubbish, and complicit in the downfall of ‘democracy’.

Security measures? A midget female standing next to Trump, barely up to his chest?

Albanese said the attempt on Trump's life was “inappropriate”; he forgot to say that the gunman was “unprofessional”, as he does every time Communist China threatens ADF personnel.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 15 July 2024 8:11:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Described as the "ugliest presidential election year since 1968", it should be alerting our own political class to the necessity of being able to look after Australia ourselves, and not rely on other countries as we do now.

First, we need politicians who are capable of being alert.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 15 July 2024 8:21:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Democrats are desperate. Add Trumps assassination attempt to the failed Judicial manipulations against him; the estimated seven million illegal border crossings filling the US with terrorist guns for hire, to add to their dirty work, and this is worse than a dead Democracy, it becomes a coup attempt by the Democrats towards endless rule in real terms.
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 15 July 2024 8:40:54 AM
Slightly off topic, Eric Kaufmann interestingly was saying recently that young women have moved further to the Marxist side of politics whereas young men have stood more or less in a similar position on the Traditionalist side. Feminism seems to be heavily influenced by Marxism. Though many women don't identify as feminist they appear complicit in some or many of the ideas- as all seek power. Hopefully young women start to seek more legitimate forms of power.

The broad woke, Afro-American's, students, feminists, women in general, the media, and others need to take responsibility for cause and effect and look for ways to insulate themselves from Marxist 'raven' seduction, not just for America but for their own future.

I hope young women as a group see their error in their Marxist creepings.
_____

It's interesting that Vince Hooper draws an implicit link between a loss of dialogue aka "free speech" and violence. It's fascinating how the violence develops once the shooting starts. It seems ironically that it has been the Woke/ Democratic side of politics that have 'licensed' it's followers in this case. I suppose that once you shut down opposition opinion completely, all you hear is yourself, and your own uncorrected purity spiral of madness.
Posted by Canem Malum, Monday, 15 July 2024 9:42:00 AM
"young women have moved further to the Marxist side of politics whereas young men have stood more or less in a similar position on the Traditionalist side. "

Orwell 1984....

" It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers-out of unorthodoxy.”

Orwell came to these conclusions following his experiences of the female Marxists he encountered during his time fighting in the Spanish Civil War, commenting that they were the most violent toward capture enemies and perceived enemies, the most doctrinaire, the most fearfully aggressive.

Feminist ideology maintains that a world run by them would be safer, more peaceful, less belligerent, more caring. The exact opposite has been shown to be true.
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 15 July 2024 11:20:42 AM
The exact opposite has been shown to be true.
mhaze,
It's a fact & another fact is that it is being vehemently disputed despite the evidence all around !
Posted by Indyvidual, Monday, 15 July 2024 12:35:19 PM
Young women (not all) have been thrown off balance by manipulators - faux feminists, Greens and other communists - who have made them feel dissatisfied with their their femininity. Hopefully, the women already enjoying success in their lives will be exemplars of what women can do without hating men and blaming men when there is a hiccup in their progress.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 15 July 2024 1:02:29 PM
Thank's mhaze for the correction. I can see 'Julia' shouting down the Big Brother traitor 'Goldstein'. Hopefully some within the Marxist/ Woke are Julia's. Kudos.
Posted by Canem Malum, Monday, 15 July 2024 3:42:05 PM
Maybe 'Civil War'.
- I could see the MAGA supporters taking matters into their own hands if Trumps brains had've been splattered all over the place.
Civil war would be a horrible outcome, many innocent people would be caught up in it.
But it would probably not be a bad outcome for the rest of the world.
- Better America sheds the blood of it's own than foreigners.

This may have set things in motion already to be honest.
I won't be surprised if there are further attempts on his life.
And I bet there are millions of Trump supporters who are right now considering what they would've done had he actually been assassinated.

What's the bet gun and ammunition sales are up since yesterday?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 15 July 2024 6:44:44 PM
Listening to several from the Left's hierarchy it becomes crystal clear that in their Dictionary the actual definition of Democracy is Gravy Train !
Posted by Indyvidual, Monday, 15 July 2024 9:41:42 PM

Dear Vince (the author),

According to Trump, “People crossing the U.S.-Mexico border are coming in as terrorists. Many, many terrorists are coming in. People crossing the border are from “mental institutions” and “insane asylums. South and Central Americans are sending all of their criminals and their prisoners and their gangs into our country”.

Trump was shot on Saturday 13 July by a 20-year-old white American from Bethel Park in Pennsylvania. He was a registered Republican and graduated in 2022 from Bethel Park High School with a $500 prize for maths and science.

His name was Thomas Matthew Crooks. He was shot dead by law enforcement snipers.

The name Crooks reminds me of John Steinbeck’s “Of Mice and Men” – a story about loneliness, friendship, and the American dream. Here is an excerpt :

Crooks stood up from his bunk and faced her. "I had enough," he said coldly. "You got no rights comin' in a colored man's room. You got no rights messing around in here at all. Now you jus' get out, an' get out quick. If you don't, I'm gonna ast the boss not to ever let you come in the barn no more."

She turned on him in scorn. "Listen, Nig(g)er," she said. "You know what I can do to you if you open. your trap?"

Crooks stared hopelessly at her, and then he sat down on his bunk and drew into himself.

She closed on him. "You know what I could do?"

Crooks seemed to grow smaller, and he pressed himself against the wall. "Yes, ma'am."

"Well, you keep your place then, Nig(g)er. I could get you strung up on a tree so easy it ain't even funny."

(Continued …)

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Tuesday, 16 July 2024 12:30:32 AM

(Continued …)

Crooks had reduced himself to nothing. There was no personality, no ego-nothing to arouse either like or dislike. He said, "Yes, ma'am," and his voice was toneless.

For a moment she stood over him. as though waiting for him to move so that she could whip at him again; but Crooks sat perfectly still, his eyes averted, everything that might be hurt drawn in.

Crooks avoided the whole subject now. "Maybe you guys better go," he said. "I ain't sure I want you in here no more. A colored man got to have some rights even if he don't like 'em."

Candy said, "That bitch didn't ought to of said that to you."

"It wasn't nothing," Crooks said dully. "You guys comin' in an' settin' made me forget. What she says is true."

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Tuesday, 16 July 2024 12:32:47 AM

It’s a pity Trump’s attempted assassination didn’t happen half a century ago. It might have brought him to his senses and opened his eyes to the consequences of his reckless rhetoric.

You can’t teach an old horse new tricks.

It’s too late now. Even God didn't want to take him back – condemned to wander the earth eternally ? ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9x9ynST64w&t=155s

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Wednesday, 17 July 2024 12:38:11 AM
Banjo Paterson,
Your fear & desperation are just so obvious as you're starting to realise you're backing the side that is incapable of digging itself out of the hole it dug !
Posted by Indyvidual, Wednesday, 17 July 2024 6:30:51 AM

Dear Indyvidual,

It’s kind of you to express concern for my emotions. I hasten to reciprocate. Please be assured that Don is fine. I saw a photo of him. He just had a piece of sticky tape on the ear where the bullet went through. He was laughing and looked great.

If you want to send him some money for his doctor’s bill you can send it here :

http://cdn.donaldjtrump.com/djtweb24/general/TNC_Contributor_Form.pdf

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Wednesday, 17 July 2024 9:04:52 PM
Banjo Paterson,
I hate to worry you so early but the brakes to your Public funding gravy train & the no merit required bandwagon are gradually being applied.
Your uncle Joe will be retired next week, don't forget to send him a card.
Posted by Indyvidual, Friday, 19 July 2024 6:42:32 AM
Banjo Paterson- I hope that the AFP have recognised your comments as supporting the assassination of a leader of an allied nation and knock on your door in the near future.

Sadly it appears that the AFP have become politicized by Woke Marxist politics. The courts appear to be in a similar situation. Not a government of the people, by the people, for the people, anymore.
Posted by Canem Malum, Thursday, 25 July 2024 11:42:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy