The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Is the Premier reading my stuff? > Comments

Is the Premier reading my stuff? : Comments

By Ross Elliott, published 24/5/2024

After many years of applauding runaway population growth, Premier Miles recently called for a slowdown in immigration numbers under the Labor Albanese Government.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Miles is engaging in desperate politics and blatant pork barrelling as he tries to cling on to power in Queensland. He's about as poplar as ants at a picnic. Miles's emails telling me how his Labor government is helping Queenslanders with cost of living relief is cynical in the extreme. the latest attempt at vote buying is 50c flat rate public transport fares. I happen to believe all public transport should be "free", but that has nothing to do with the fact Miles is trying to buy votes. The winds of change are blowing for Steven Miles and Labor in Queensland and come 26th October, Miles and Labor will be no more.

p/s Feel sorry for my local Labor member, a good woman, works hard for the community, I like her. BUT that's politics. She'll probably retain her seat, if she re-contests, although at the local council elections around here in March it was a shock for Labor. After 72 years of occupation, the LNP took it off them, but there were several other factors at play as well in that result. And some think Paul is a rusted on Labor supporter, no... I have preferenced the other mob over Labor at several elections in the past.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 30 May 2024 5:25:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy