The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Georgia on my mind > Comments

Georgia on my mind : Comments

By Geoff Carmody, published 22/5/2024

A new, large-scale, water-cooled nuclear reactor has just come on line in Georgia, USA. It took years longer to build than initially planned.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Cheer up Bazz. Geoff Carmody has written an excellent piece with strong and understandable points.

The renewable energy Nirvana is a massive con and well understood by many. BS has kept the con going for a long time, but it will collapse fast when the lights go out.

South Australia plans to go 100% renewables by 2027. It was getting 71% of its energy from gas fired generation when I checked this morning. Now it is 79% from gas. Pure Fantasy.
Posted by Fester, Friday, 24 May 2024 7:21:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well yes Fester, it will hit the fan when the lights go out and almost
certainly as thousands are starting to get into lifts to go home. and
board trains on their way home. Traffic lights will stop working.
"Why the hell is this happening they will scream"

"We told you so" will not even be heard.
If you look at the AEMO graphs it tells you when it hits the fan.
From about 5PM to 8PM every day.
Just as Mum has started cooking dinner for the family.
Boy will she be unhappy !

Note; only lift mechanics have the knowledge to get people out.
The Fire Brigade cannot do it. After an hour of sitting on the floor
in a crowded lift tempers will have frayed.
In the CBD area there may only be about 50 lift mechanics at that time
although many may have knocked off about 4PM.
It is a long walk up to the lift house above the 25th floor.
I know from enquires I made that no emergency provisions have been made.
The network controllers will probably give precedence to the CBD but
that meand suburban lifts will be off for much longer.
Will Chris Bowen get a gong for his energy work ?
Posted by Bezza, Saturday, 25 May 2024 8:18:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why can no-one explain which components of Green technology are renewable ? Is it because there isn't anything renewable ?
Posted by Indyvidual, Sunday, 26 May 2024 7:36:10 AM
BS won't keep the lights on Bazz. I enjoyed reading one of Matt Canavan's recent submissions in which he pointed out that claims made by no less than Chris Bowen suggest that nuclear power is less than half the cost of large scale solar.

"…it was interesting to see [Minister for Climate Change and Energy] Chris Bowen say $5 billion for a small-body reactor. I would agree with that figure, but for that you get 13 terawatt-hours a year. To get the same actual generation out of a solar plant, you would need 11 of the big Darlington Point solar plants. They're $450 million, so 11 comes out about the same. You're talking about the costs of nuclear and the costs of solar being basically the same, but then for the solar you've got to add on the storage. You've got to add on the local transmission. You've got to add on the interstate transmission. The lifetime is 25 years, compared to 60 years. If you look at the actual costs of solar in the system, it's about double the cost of nuclear. This is what we're not getting at the moment."

https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate/Environment_and_Communications/Nuclearprohibitions/Report/Coalition_Senators_Dissenting_Report
Posted by Fester, Sunday, 26 May 2024 8:25:58 AM
Well Indy, they are called renewable because they have to be renewed
about every 20 years.
Posted by Bezza, Sunday, 26 May 2024 11:16:24 PM
Bezza,
So, the indoctrination continues with no hope on that front ?
Posted by Indyvidual, Tuesday, 28 May 2024 11:15:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy