The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Assange is just as much a political prisoner as Navalny > Comments

Assange is just as much a political prisoner as Navalny : Comments

By Murray Hunter, published 22/2/2024

While ‘western’ leaders want to hold Putin accountable for the death of Alexei Navalny, who should be held accountable for the incarceration of Julian Assange?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
[Cont.]
Moreover,
If the West could take some control back over Russian oil interests, and put a US puppet ruler in place, this would place China in a bad situation if the West tries to make war on China, which would involve blockading Chinas access to oil in the Middle East, and from Russia.

The whole plan has backfired spectacularly, and Europe will now pay the price. Their prosperity was based upon access to Russian oil and gas, which is now gone, their economic misfortune is not temporary, like a drought in northern Africa several thousand years ago, Europe's future is the Sahara desert.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 1 March 2024 10:05:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AC, you are offering opinion by claiming it's just somebody's opinion or the FBI culture; got any informed or credible sources vs. conspiracy theories?

In the Anglosphere there's much cherry picking of both the faux anti-imperialist tankie left and radical right that ignores salient facts e.g. why was Assange liaising with Trump campaign's Roger Stone and accepting a visit by Nigel Farage (who allegedly handed over a USB of DNC emails from Russians).

Related, what was Alexander Downer's role in meeting with Trump campaign's and Russian cutout Papadopoulos, then reported as incidental or now pre-arranged? Former PM Turnbull, cited by Lowy Institute, as alleging that Downer's unspecified behaviour or actions were a sackable offence?

On Europe or the EU's future, no idea what you are claiming, but the Anglo radical right represented by Koch Network behind the GOP, Tories, Brexit and LNP/The Voice, detests the EU for having regulation supporting minimum labour, consumer, environmental, competition and financial standards.
Posted by Andras Smith, Friday, 1 March 2024 3:49:49 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"AC, you are offering opinion by claiming it's just somebody's opinion or the FBI culture; got any informed or credible sources vs. conspiracy theories?"

In a perfect world, YouTube wouldn't delete entire channels and years of content when requested by powerful people, and I wasn't the one who did the research on all the events through those years, it's just what I remember.

(The channel I refer to was George Webb's YouTube channel content from 2015 through till around 2018 when said channel and content were deleted without warning by YouTube or any opportunity to back it up.)

As an well known example however, I can offer you the fact that US Democrats, FBI, and social media companies were caught suppressing the Hunter Biden laptop story as 'Russian Misinformation', as well as keeping the contents of the laptop a secret (which confirmed Biden's corruption in Ukraine) from the US public leading up to the 2020 election.

When you ask what Assange was doing?
Probably trying to prevent Hillary from winning;
But a lesser evil than Democratic Party operatives, the FBI and social media companies colluding to get Trump out / put Biden into - the Whitehouse in 2020.

Regards your other questions, Downer / Papadopoulos, I can't remember all the full details, and I can't go back and refer to YouTube content that no longer exists.

- So they have form, that's the best I can do right now, without contacting the author of the videos, which I can do if you want.

"On Europe or the EU's future, no idea what you are claiming"
- Just saying their prosperity was built on Russian oil and gas which is now gone, and they're paying significantly more to replace it, causing deindustrialisation, and costing jobs, many businesses have moved to U.S. and China, and many EU countries are now in recession.
- And this is just the trajectory, things aren't likely to change for Europe anytime soon.

The EU is authoritarian, can't even have the best interests of their own farmers, and bullies and threatens its own member states.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 1 March 2024 11:54:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Andras Smith,
I emailed George last night after I commented, and I just got an email back.
Unfortunately he didn't give or direct me to any specific info (regarding Mueller, Papadopoulos, and Downer)
- but I know for certain he covered them on his channel YouTube deleted years ago.
He directed me to his substack instead, and I'm not sure if I can search only his content with keywords.

http://georgewebb.substack.com/archive

I'm not sure how I feel about responding back to George anything other than 'thanks'.
He's usually fairly busy, and the last thing a content creator / researcher would want is a content viewer bugging them.
- Best I can do for now, maybe I'll have a dig through the content later if I get a chance.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 2 March 2024 9:16:25 AM
One would trust informed and credible sources vs. opinions and beliefs relying on dubious sources and analysis?

The author of this article, Hunter, apparently works in an academic setting , but not his area of expertise?

Finnish researcher Pekka Kallioniemi's Vatnik Soup:

'In today's #vatniksoup, I'll introduce an Australian hacker, publisher and activist, Julian Assange. He's best-known as the founder of WikiLeaks, leaking hacked and stolen data, cooperating with the Russian intelligence, and for being under criminal investigation in the US.'

https://vatniksoup.com/en/soups/269/
Posted by Andras Smith, Saturday, 2 March 2024 6:32:22 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
George relied mainly on deep diving open source media releases - google compound searches and people with an intimate understanding of government.
I watched George for several years daily, and can attest to his determination.
If YouTube didn't wipe his channel and content probably at the insistence of the same type of people you defend, we wouldn't be disagree.

Your 'vatniksoup' looks like the perfect site for people with existing 'Hate Russia' biases.
- Not a real good place to start in my opinion.
You might as well just post info on Russians marked for 'liquidation' on the Ukrainian hit list Myrotvorets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myrotvorets
If you look at this page, you'll see the website listed for the Ukrainian hit list Myrotvorets, which is:
http://myrotvorets.center/
Go there, click on it - now look in the top right-hand corner.
What's it say?
Langley, Virginia, USA
What's in Langley?
CIA Headquarters

Mike Pompeo About CIA : We lied, We cheated, We stole
http://youtu.be/6RmEsPE7iq0

You want to talk to me about 'informed and credible sources'?
Clearly the FBI was protecting the Bidens from having their corruption exposed from the Hunter Biden Laptop in order to get Donald Trump out of office for the interests of the Uniparty, the MIC, Clintons and other Lobby groups and donors.
Sheet, the Democrats even screwed over Bernie Sanders...

Do you understand the term 'rotten to the core'
or maybe 'Doing everything they accuse others of themselves'?

Some people think all the arguments are settled but anyone who actually looks slightly deeper than the crap that passes as news knows it doesn't pass the smell test.

Are you the 'informed', or the 'gullible and naive'?
- When you're reposting stuff that likely originated from Langley, Virginia?

While Ukraine and USA fight a propaganda war, Russia is destroying the Ukrainian military.
They're destroying the Ukrainians means to fight faster than the west can replace weapons, ammo and troops.
That's why Macron declared his willingness to send troops.
- But all the others backed away.

Ukraine gets what it deserves for installing right wing NAZIs into government after the Western sponsored coup.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 3 March 2024 9:36:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy