The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Assange is just as much a political prisoner as Navalny > Comments

Assange is just as much a political prisoner as Navalny : Comments

By Murray Hunter, published 22/2/2024

While ‘western’ leaders want to hold Putin accountable for the death of Alexei Navalny, who should be held accountable for the incarceration of Julian Assange?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Unlikely AC,

Navalny was patriotic. He didn't care where he was as long as he was in Russia.
Posted by Fester, Friday, 23 February 2024 12:40:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fester
- Here's the video I got most of the Navalny info I shared in the previous comment from, if you have the time to watch the first 10 minutes of it.

Ask the Inspector Ep. 137
http://www.youtube.com/live/9NI7aqL4bww

You're welcome to disagree with what's stated, but at least it gives us a solid backstory that will suffice as a starting point to understand things.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 23 February 2024 12:48:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks AC,

There are things I don't much like about Navalny. I was speculating on his motivation. You might be interested in this Russian historian talking about the motivation of autocrats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOtYV9ZcjdA
Posted by Fester, Friday, 23 February 2024 3:05:33 PM
Hi Fester,
"You might be interested in this Russian historian talking about the motivation of autocrats."
- Interesting channel.

I think one of the biggest issues here is that the West has corrupted any grassroots political opposition, and so the autocrat has to defend against these 'democratic' or 'humanitarian' movements which are attempting to create civil unrest, and replace the leader with one more aligned with Western interests.

They look like 'movements for change and good'; for 'democracy', but really it's just imperialism and expansion of the US empire.
These nations become vassal states, and the West usually sends all its businesses in to loot the place after the fact as well.

It occurred to me that 'Western democracy' or more specifically 'US foreign policy' is much like the US 'Democratic Party' platform.
- They're an umbrella for all the minority groups, they bring them all together - as one - to gain power unto themselves, often against the nationalists, but they actually represent donors and elites, not specifically the minority groups themselves.

It's just the same on an international level, they go around the world aligning with all the opposition and minority causes, to create civil unrest and disorder to gain power unto themselves, install a US puppet ruler and expand the US empire.

How can an 'autocrat' allow grassroots political opposition if the west co-opts it
via the CIA / National Endowment for Democracy for example.
- specifically to do that country harm?
http://www.ned.org/

By co-opting all grassroots political opposition so they become Western aligned political opposition, this Western attack itself is blocking any kind of real change, real grassroots political opposition can't grow and the West stands back criticising a situation that it caused itself, saying that the 'regime' is suppressing any real political opposition and the leader is a 'dictator'.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 24 February 2024 1:07:45 PM
NED Statement on the Death of Russian Opposition Leader Aleksey Navalny
http://www.ned.org/ned-statement-on-reported-death-of-russian-opposition-leader-aleksey-navalny/

>>The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) is deeply saddened by the tragic death of Russian opposition leader Aleksey Navalny in prison at age 47. Navalny’s death comes after three years of unjust imprisonment, torture, and denial of adequate medical care at the hands of the Russian regime. NED calls for a thorough and transparent investigation into the surrounding circumstances—and the immediate and unconditional release of all political prisoners arbitrarily detained in Russia for speaking against the regime...

“If this is true, I want Putin and everyone around Putin, Putin’s friends, his government to know they will bear responsibility for what they did to our country, to my family, and to my husband,” said Yulia Navalnaya, wife of Aleksey Navalny, at the Munich Security Conference, which gathers influential policymakers and world leaders only hours after reports of her husband’s death. “I want to call on the entire world community, all the people in this room, and all over the world so that we unite together and defeat this evil, defeat the horrific regime that is now in Russia.”<<

** Note use of the word: 'Regime'?
- You see, it's a school play - they're reading lines - following a pre-prepared script

Navalny's mum says Navalnaya didn't go to see him for 2 years,
[but she did go on February 14, with medicine (novichok) and 'gifts'].
Watch -> http://twitter.com/MyLordBebo/status/1760689047490724042
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 24 February 2024 1:16:36 PM
President Biden meets Alexei Navalny's widow and daughter
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68378730

If this was real 'Russian' grassroots opposition Biden wouldn't be meeting with them.
Look at the photos, they're hugging.

She's their guy now and probably has been for some time, she's being pushed forward (Munich security conference) to take Navalny's place, as an activist and spokesperson not necessarily a political opponent.

And all the new measures they bring against Russia because of Navalny's death, is the motive for killing him;
He had no further usefulness, he was discredited in Russia and sentenced to a Siberian gulag for 20+ years.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 24 February 2024 1:31:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy