The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > When the cookie crumbled: the Ron DeSantis campaign ends > Comments

When the cookie crumbled: the Ron DeSantis campaign ends : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 31/1/2024

Described once by Trump as a 'brilliant cookie', the crumbling DeSantis saw the dark writing on the electoral wall after the results of the Iowa caucus.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Have seen claim by a commentator in the US who has been closely watching the situation that this apparently poorly run campaign by Ron DeSantis was probably actually intended to help Trump - with Ron's co-operation. Seems one problem Trump has had on the past is types including some described as "RINOS", ie Republicans In Name Only turning against him after appearing supportive. Anyway, this exercise has tricked some of these into backing Ron DeSantis and effectively exposing themselves to Trump and his genuine campaigners as potential "white anters".
Posted by mox, Wednesday, 31 January 2024 10:30:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Trump doesn't need any help derailing his campaign, he's doing an excellent job, all by himself.

Not the greatest spin doctor in the world can get him elected now!

DeSantis is washed up and so yesterday. Reading the room/the political climate, never his forte!

America, where political office and control is bought and paid for with millions of donated dollars.

Those dollars buy influence and desired outcomes!? Here? heading that way!

Bugger my poor fella country.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 31 January 2024 10:44:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Alan B especially: Remember the mainstream media have been strongly supporting viewpoints the Democrat camp would like believed. Including peddling half truths and some deliberate lies. Then what Australian media has publicised is often effectively similar to material from the New York Times (which used to be a reputable paper) and CNN. From watching developments during last US Presidential election on "alternative" sites, was obvious to me that Trump would have won the six so called "swing states" and the Presidency if not for large scale cheating on behalf of Biden. At least our Australian electoral processes would prevent much of the same types of fraud. Now it seems support for Trump's policies have overall increased. Also, Biden seems to suffer developing dementia. Then note that some opposed to Trump are trying all sorts of dirty tricks to try and stop him from being reelected. Ones that do not succeed seem to be having largely the opposite long term effect though. Drawing attention and sympathy to him.
Posted by mox, Wednesday, 31 January 2024 2:19:14 PM
Sorry Mox, not buying any of your guff. I believe Trump is going nowhere but to jail. His run for Presidency is over and done. I'd bet my house on it. Republicans are turning against him in droves.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 1 February 2024 12:01:05 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy