The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > There was only one Henry Kissinger > Comments

There was only one Henry Kissinger : Comments

By Keith Suter, published 4/12/2023

The obituaries of Dr Henry Kissinger suggest that there were two Henry Kissingers: a brilliant diplomat who tried to end the Cold War and an unindicted war criminal.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
No comment.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 4 December 2023 8:04:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I wonder if Penny Wong has taken any formal academic study of International Relations.
Posted by Francesca, Monday, 4 December 2023 8:33:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
He survived. He reproduced.
So his life was successful.
The question is: as he lived life, did he do more good than harm?
I think he did more good.
So, overall, a very successful life.
Will people be able to say the same about us I wonder?
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Monday, 4 December 2023 12:02:36 PM
I much prefer this assessment of this infamous war criminal:
http://www.democracynow.org/2023/11/30/henry_kissinger_dead
Posted by Daffy Duck, Monday, 4 December 2023 12:46:44 PM
Thank you Daffy Duck. Thank you.
Posted by Chek, Monday, 4 December 2023 9:38:50 PM
Despite what Keith Suter says- the US shouldn't join the International Criminal Court. The US shoudn't have signed the UN CCPR in 1993. The institutions of International Government should be between not within nations. Bilateral agreements work relatively well. International Government is extremely dangerous and tyrannical and will be subject to bracket creep like no other national government. As Henry Kissinger's fellow Hebrew traveller Ayn Rand says "those that refuse to accept limits to their own power shouldn't be given it". There needs to be defined limits to power as it rises through the hierarchy from the individual, through the several layers, to the world level- that constrain the ability of government to "steal their power from our liberty".
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 6 December 2023 11:40:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy