The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Expert report on regional and remote schools ignored > Comments

Expert report on regional and remote schools ignored : Comments

By Scott Prasser, published 28/11/2023

Alarm bells should be ringing about the Albanese government’s sidelining most of the recommendations of its own expert advisory body.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
The wealthy have their kids tucked away in Government subsidised boarding schools in the cities.
Tradition has it , the remainder would be Aboriginal and lower class workers children, Albert Sneezy would be unperturbed.
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 28 November 2023 9:18:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes, because the bush is emptying out our vote hardly affects election outcomes, so, spending will be concentrated where there are population numbers and growth.

It's about winning power and retaining it not the national benefit or expert opinion. End of story.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 28 November 2023 9:52:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
But of course governments of all persuasions both at the federal and state level always mostly ignore the suggestions given by any kind of report or advisory body from Royal Commissions on down regarding every possible subject.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Tuesday, 28 November 2023 11:29:31 AM
Many of us have been disappointed by the Albanse Government.

I looked at the latest polls and I conlcude:

1. Far too much was invested in The Voice. Many people didn't understand it (some thought it was that TV show). History should have taught Albanese that referendums are often put up. Out of some 44 that were put up, only 8 have passed. One that did pass gave the Commonwealth the major taxing power. But Albo plunged on with a team of very poor speakers. Only one or two were convincing.Linda Burney was sadly klacking in what wass needed.

2. Albanese seems not to have noticed the huge rise in prices of ordinary things like bread, butter, egss, etc. Or if he did, he's done - not much.

3. Housing, mortgages, rent: this is a huge problem in many cities. Albanese could have tried a few remedies. Negative gearing? No, too hard. Capital gains? Ditto. Nothing else was tried. And people out there are stressed.

4. Time and again Albanese's Government gets blindsided by the cunning tactics of the Greens, Teals, and Liberala. This latest kerfuffle over refugees let out of jail was typical of many.

5. Some good things have been done in foreign policy. Not of course to help the poor Papuans- Australia and the US and the UN couldn't care less, it seems. Nor does Albanese. And foreign policy doesn't sway voters.

6. And why are we about to give tax cuts to the rich? What is the rationale?

I simply don't know what ordinary people think of Morrison, Dutton, Cash and the rest. But in the absence of strong government, other voices will hold sway.

So big problems are being neglected. Scott - I'm afraid helping ordinary people educate their kids is just one of these.. State schools in Sydney and Melbourne can't get teachers. Good teachers are leaving. Teachers drown in paperwork and the latest decrees from dodddering Deepartments of Education.

It's tragic, but unless Albanese and co. get their act together, they will be .....out.
Posted by Waverley, Tuesday, 28 November 2023 1:45:11 PM
Waverley

“they’ll be out”

And then?
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 28 November 2023 3:06:43 PM
What next? The mind boggles.

But I meant what I said. Dutton, Michaelia Cash, Sussan Whatsit et al....don't impress me at all.

Oh and why does the ABC persist with its emphasis on Aboriginal names, Aboriginal music, and not forgetting womens everything? It's all about them. Maybe I'll write another grumpy article one day : )
Posted by Waverley, Tuesday, 28 November 2023 3:50:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy