The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > I’m not signing Australian lawyers’ open letter concerning Gaza > Comments

I’m not signing Australian lawyers’ open letter concerning Gaza : Comments

By David Singer, published 14/11/2023

Both letters fail to disclose material facts - whilst the Australian Letter also deliberately omits material facts contained in the English letter.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Too much pussyfooting around terrorist organisations and those that fund them and provide safe havens.

We are at war with these folk and there should no safe haven and those that fund and facilitate terrorism, need to know that there will be a terrible price to pay.

Good intel will tell when these folk are at home, at which time a cruise missile should be aimed at a bedroom window or a smart bomb aimed at the palace.

If you want to render a snake harmless you cut off its head. And that's what needs to happen in Iran, who with question is the funding and driving force behind most terrorist activities!

We don't do deals with terrorists and those that fund and facilitate them are even worse given they're repeat offenders.

Left up to me, I'd drop a few tactical nukes around and on the throne.

If the people of Iran don't what that? They need to rise in armed rebellion forthwith.

People of Iran, better to die on your feet, fighting for freedom than on your knees begging for it, like the common slaves/cannon fodder you most assuredly are!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 15 November 2023 11:00:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
#Olivera

You state: "It would have been preferable and wise to include most of the points David Singer mentions why he would not sign the Australian Letter."

Thank you.

You then ingenuously blot your copybook by saying of my stated objections:
"They do not affect the central message of the Letter that the continuing Israeli attack on civilian populations and civilian centres in Gaza is an unjustifiable violation of the human and legal rights of civilians"

From my perspective - and given it is a Lawyers letter for Lawyers to sign - the central message stated unequivocally in the Letter prepared by an unknown author is: "International law is not being upheld." No qualification whatsoever.

That is a statement I was not prepared to put my signature to in a letter "calling on the Australian Government to work toward ending Israel's illegal permanent occupation of Palestine, as per the September 2022 findings of the Permanent United Nations Fact Finding Mission on the Israel Palestine Conflict."

That is garbage because in my opinion Israel's settlements in the West Bank have always been legal under article 6 of the Mandate for Palestine and article 80 of the UN Charter. I have criticised the UN in many articles over a long time for actually acting in breach of its own Charter.

That was enough for me to trash a letter that relied on the UN and the fraudulent case it has built up by burying these two pillars of international law.

As you know - in every case there are lawyers representing both sides who each claim their client will win. One is always wrong.

The rush to judgement by lawyers accepting the conclusions of the 2022 UN Fact Finding Commission as holy grail is breathtaking. Lawyers who jump in and sign this letter do so at the risk to their own reputations. One's emotions should not cloud their judgement.
Posted by david singer, Wednesday, 15 November 2023 11:18:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You can Yap Yap all you like
This Israeli fiasco has made the Nazis look like Mother Teresa's helpers so don't be surprised if the Holocaust and all it's supposed to represent is consigned to 'once upon a time' with Hitler resurrected to misunderstood status
Posted by Special Delivery, Monday, 20 November 2023 8:58:00 AM
#Special Delivery

A rabid Jew-hater too scared to publish your name. Crawl back into a tunnel with the murderous Jew-killers from Gaza. You deserve each other.
Posted by david singer, Monday, 20 November 2023 12:11:31 PM
And the actions of Hamas have made both the Nazis and the Israelis look like mother Teresa.
Posted by shadowminister, Tuesday, 28 November 2023 9:34:45 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy