The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The defeat of ‘The Voice’ will not trigger much self-reflection > Comments

The defeat of ‘The Voice’ will not trigger much self-reflection : Comments

By Graham Young, published 23/10/2023

The Yes campaign needs to acknowledge its own role in the defeat of the 2023 Voice referendum.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
It has triggered a lot of nastiness and name calling from juvenile Yes voters. The loss is everyone's fault but theirs and the stupidity of the thing in the first place. The media is talking about the losers taking revenge; but, 40% taking revenge on 60%?

I agree that the NO vote now will definitely have an effect on the ALP and its terrible leader at the next election. All the worms are turning.

Albanese's " collectivist, top-down" down regime is a polite alternative to communistic despotism, which is not appreciated by the majority of Australians. Recognition of the government’s aloofness from the people was evident in the NO vote - the first opportunity that voters have had to express their discontent with a Leftist regime that has done a lot of damage in 1 year and 5 months.

Albanese does not deserve a "new start".

This article is an excellent summary of what was wrong with the Voice, and is wrong, with the Left in general, and Albanese in particular.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 23 October 2023 8:26:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thank God ( G-d for the Godless rulers), that’s over; now for the next dictatorship idiocy.
What will it be, I shudder to think, but it surely will be a disconnect from the majority imperative.

I’ve one at a guess..the Republic: that should keep us all distracted from the tent cities and drug addled street urchins for another six months.
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 23 October 2023 5:07:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
YES Voters on holiday !

https://www.news.com.au/travel/destinations/asia/bali/indonesias-plea-to-aussies-amid-tourism-crackdown-in-bali/news-story/72984e92061268a605677d878170d3e6
Posted by Indyvidual, Tuesday, 24 October 2023 7:02:30 AM
There is nothing quite like a rusted on party hack oblivious to the reality around them, or the lengths they will stoop to, to justify their position. To the right wing nutters on this blog, our poor ole P.M. can’t even breathe properly. (They are quite likely furious that he is even breathing at all.)

The fact is that Ken Wyatt presented draft proposals to the coalition while they were in government. A process started by John Howard, and continued by Tony Abbott. The reality is that Anthony Albanese promised a referendum on reconciliation and the voice in the election campaign. No-one should have been surprised when he did just that. As Ken said, Peter Dutton would never accept any proposals put forward by the Labor government. A purely political stance. To hell with what could possibly be of benefit to the nation. So much for the lie of not reaching bi-partisan support.

Another tiresome argument proposed by the right is the cost of the referendum and subsequent (in their eyes) waste of money. Yet not a peep, not even a murmur about the billions wasted on Robodebt and the subsequent loss of over 2,000 individuals’ lives. Graham Young’s recent comments that the results of the referendum will not ‘…trigger much self-reflection…’ are certainly true from the No camp. I haven’t seen anyone from the No campaign accept the facts of straight out lies, mistruths, conspiracy theories and hypocrisy
Posted by Aries54, Friday, 27 October 2023 2:46:13 PM
Dear Aries54,

Indeed.

Though to be fair in the cohort of No voters I know their is a bit of reflection even sleepiness.

I'm glad most of my relations did the decent thing and voted Yes.

I suspect that number will grow as future children and grandchildren ask why the Referendum was lost.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 27 October 2023 4:37:55 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy