The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The legacy of Daniel Andrews. Recognising the good with the bad > Comments

The legacy of Daniel Andrews. Recognising the good with the bad : Comments

By Tristan Ewins, published 28/9/2023

Andrews has led a reforming Victorian Labor Government. While championing the rights of trans women and men, Andrews also presided over a radical increase in the number of women in Cabinet.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Unfortunately, it becomes increasingly obvious, the only way forward for useful change is riot., a proved path towards practical change for the increasing numbers of losers .
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 28 September 2023 9:00:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks for that Tristan, I did not know that like Annie in Queensland, Andrews had turned government into an incompetent girls club.

No wonder so many dreadful decisions have followed.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 28 September 2023 10:11:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I believe all aspiring politicians should pass an IQ test before standing for public office.

As for Dan Andrews, a case of dammed when he did and when he didn't.

And hasn't privatisation come back to kick us in the bum?

That said, I wouldn't mind his retirement pension.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 28 September 2023 10:18:29 AM
There's a typo ; "natural private monopoly" should read "natural public monopoly" ; Hoping Graham can fix it.
Posted by Tristan Ewins, Thursday, 28 September 2023 10:20:05 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Many problems with this article.
"Andrews also oversaw the beginning of negotiations for a state-based Treaty: blazing a trail ahead of his Federal colleagues." Colin Barnett completed an 'agreement' - essentially a treaty - with SW WA Noongyar Aboriginal people several years ago, whereas Andrews merely started the process.
The creation of 56,000 jobs in renewable energy may be great for the lucky employees but, at $100,000 per job, this means that Victorians have to pay $5,600,000,000 every year to fund their push into renewable energy.
The author has put a pro-Andrews spin on just about everything the ex-premier turned his hand to. I'd far prefer to see an unbiased summary of his time on the top job.
Posted by Bernie Masters, Thursday, 28 September 2023 11:17:55 AM
I've been very critical of his housing policy ; and the privatisations.
Posted by Tristan Ewins, Thursday, 28 September 2023 11:26:52 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy