The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Upholding the sacred duty: Australians and the referendum vote on constitutional indigenous representation > Comments

Upholding the sacred duty: Australians and the referendum vote on constitutional indigenous representation : Comments

By Syed Atiq ul Hassan, published 10/8/2023

Throughout history, Indigenous Australians have never extended invitations or welcomes to foreigners on their land, spanning from the 16th century to the present day.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Nothing sacred about that secular activity - voting in referendums is a profane legal duty.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 10 August 2023 6:34:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don’t care what happens, it’s my sacred duty to dodge politicians and their crimes, of which this voice “thing” definitely qualifies.

I won’t be voting, and I don’t give a tinkers if that is illegal or not.
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 10 August 2023 10:23:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Rhian,

You write: "Normally I’m no fan of Credlin, but the evidence she presents is compelling."

No it isn't. Virtually nothing the Cretin has put is correct or with basis.

The idea that she had some bloody scoop through an FOI request is utterly ludicrous.

All this was presented in the Referendum Report in 2017.

"A synthesis of the Records of Meetings of the First Nations Regional Dialogues was produced by the Referendum Council. This synthesis, entitled ‘Our Story’, recounted the themes that emerged in the Dialogues and is reproduced below"

http://www.referendumcouncil.org.au/sites/default/files/report_attachments/Referendum_Council_Final_Report.pdf

The 429 word statement which the attendees signed off on is an extraordinary document and I have a reproduction on my wall.

To have the Cretin sullying it will all her crap is one thing but to have even half way intelligent people swallowing it hook line and sinker is just depressing.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 10 August 2023 11:20:55 PM
We who are alive are the sole custodians of this land.
We are the ones who directly or indirectly regulate and control its use.
We are the ones who directly or indirectly define and defend its borders.
Let us be very clear about this.
No dead person can do any of those things.
Those alive here today are the sole custodians of this land.
Whatever happened in the past is history.
And we cannot and should not live in the past.

And hurt feelings is not a good reason to allow the claims of a few to flourish.
A state government nearly did, but pulled back in time.
Their error is an indication of what could happen if this nonsense is allowed to continue.
It would strangle Australia.
It IS strangling Australia.
So a good slogan might be:
Don't strangle Australia. Vote No.
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Friday, 11 August 2023 3:32:46 AM
Dear Ipso Facto,

And self serving tripe from you too it seems.

You talk of the past. The Uluru Statement from the Heart talks about the here and now.

"Proportionally, we are the most incarcerated people on the planet. We are not an innately
criminal people. Our children are aliened from their families at unprecedented rates. This
cannot be because we have no love for them. And our youth languish in detention in obscene
numbers. They should be our hope for the future.
These dimensions of our crisis tell plainly the structural nature of our problem. This is the
torment of our powerlessness.

We seek constitutional reforms to empower our people and take a rightful place in our own
country. When we have power over our destiny our children will flourish. They will walk in
two worlds and their culture will be a gift to their country."

They are seeking a better future for their children. They have asked the rest of us to listen through the establishment of a Voice. It is a very simple ask and should not threaten anyone who is the least bit charitable in nature. It certainly won't strangle this country.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 11 August 2023 7:18:40 AM
two hundred and fifty years ago, the then existing population lost its tenuous control of the land.
It was taken from them by a superior force.
Rightly or wrongly, that is the way it was back then.
And still the way of this world in the present day too.
Look at the Ukraine right now?
And we cannot go back and change history.
But note: THEY LOST whatever CONTROL of the land they had.
They could only pass on knowledge. They had no infrastructure to give anymore.
Fast forward to today.
Those who are loosely descended from those original inhabitants seem to think they still own the land.
They don't.

And why do they focus on one particular part of their ancestry?
Most of them are far more european than otherwise.
Why isn't their european side coming to the fore?
Because someone has found there is advantage to be had from pushing their strange narrow agenda?
And I blame the parents, the elders, for the behaviour of their offspring.
I have seen CHILDREN of their clan wandering the streets late at night.
They should be at home with their families.
Which is clearly the responsibility of the older persons there.
So until until those older persons clean up their act, set a good example, and exercise normal parental control, the problems will continue.
And that includes acknowledgement that they are just citizens like anybody else.
No special privileges or unreasonable advantage should be given to them.

So let us stop this nonsense about 'in their OWN land'.
It is OUR land, for as long as we can define its borders, and defend it.
It doesn't belong to just one little group.
If it did, how are they controlling and defending it?
Where is that group's navy, army, airforce, etc.
Where are their hospitals, schools?
Where is their seat of government?
For goodness sake, get a grip on the reality that is us?
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Friday, 11 August 2023 10:01:15 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy