The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Saint Brittany or scheming charlatan? > Comments

Saint Brittany or scheming charlatan? : Comments

By Bettina Arndt, published 15/6/2023

This last week the ground shifted, shattering the believe-all-women straight-jacket imposed on us by feminists for the last decade or two.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
It's beginning to look like she is the latter. With the abortion of a trial robbing Lehrmann from the opportunity to clear his name, and the appalling behaviour of a government minister and the ACT prosecutor, the whole thing has turned into a circus.

The one good thing is that nobody except a few fanatics will ever accept the 'believe women' rubbish ever again. And, the credibility of the Labor government, and the previous Liberal PM are shot to bits.

This shocking episode would bring down a government in most countries; not this one, of course, with its redneck political class and lying media, with its ludicrous real estate-like Walkley awards to semi-literate activists posing as 'journalists'.

Unfortunately, we cannot rely on any "pushback" from a Dutton Opposition. The only one in that mob who calls it the way it is is Michaela Cash; the rest are wet drips, apart from Alex Antic, whom none of them seem to recognise.

There are a number of players in this affair who deserve serious jail time; and one of them is NOT Lehrmann, the only victim.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 15 June 2023 8:23:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Attack the victim, why doncha. The is more of the same risible rubbish from the pen of this patently biased writer. And completely without merit.

Know the truth and the truth will set you free. But that's the last thing this author wants! We have unbeatable space age lie detection, but no one wants to deploy it. Why, because the legal profession would be made redundant.

So, it remains all about winning and losing and attacking the retraumatised victim to allow the guilty to go free and reoffend time and again.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 15 June 2023 11:38:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It gets worse; It now seems that the photo of the leg bruise was
taken 2 years after the alleged event. Some bruise !

I just do not believe that Albo was unaware from the beginning of the
whole plot involving Chan 10. It is now likely that it was Senator
Kitching who told the Libs what was going on. Hence her complaint
about the "Mean Girls".
Albo is now complaining about the furore of the opposition question
time attacks. What a hypocrite !

Whether Albo believed Brittany is beside the point, he was party to
a classic political "Stitch up". The ALP way "Whatever it Takes".
ACMA should be asking Ch 10 why their licence should not be cancelled.
Posted by Bezza, Thursday, 15 June 2023 11:39:53 AM
Wow!
Just when I thought life was a bit uneventful, along comes Bettina.
Riding a white charger, and brandishing accoutrements of war.
Her swashbuckling approach is enlivening.
It certainly woke me up this morning.
What I like most about it is the plain talking.
Backed up by references to real events.
One thing I do think though is that we shouldn't carry public opinion too far.
No one is guilty of anything, unless it has been shown to be so in a court of law.
And the verdict can only be accepted when the entire appeals process has been completed.
And even when this lengthy legal journey ends, it can only be a tentative acceptance, for the future is not known.
Look at recent cases where so called murderers have been found to be innocent many years after the courts decided on guilt.
And no member of the public should take the law 'into his own hands'.
Discuss it yes, but act on it NO.
But still, plain talking gets me every time.
A good way to start the day.
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Thursday, 15 June 2023 12:38:59 PM
Actually, Alan, there is no 'victim' involved. No court case. No proof that an act occurred. Just an accusation. We will never know what, if anything, happened.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 15 June 2023 2:06:12 PM
Ipso Fatso said "And the verdict can only be accepted when the entire appeals process has been completed."

Answer- Perhaps we had reached a stage of politicization of the courts by the Communists where we can't trust the courts either- perhaps we could never trust the courts- but what is the alternative- maybe town courts were more true because the jury/ court knew the character of the charged.

Ironically it was the Communist that advised that we can't trust the authorities- strangely I have reached the point where I agree despite the evil Communists.
Posted by Canem Malum, Thursday, 15 June 2023 4:01:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy