The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The world is increasingly beset by looming clouds of war > Comments

The world is increasingly beset by looming clouds of war : Comments

By Chin Jin, published 6/4/2023

Today's China, after ten years of Xi Jinping's rule, has gradually shifted the Communist era of power from the Chinese Communist Party to him.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Agree with most of the article except where the "author" has tried to make the US responsible for the conflict In Ukraine.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 6 April 2023 11:45:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am no fan of either Russia or China, but with the entire West siding with Ukraine (or more correctly paying Ukraine to fight Russia for them - it's been a long time since America or Europe won a war) I think it's churlish and unrealistic to expect one Communist country not to side with another.

I'm also at a loss to understand why the Leftlings, who call anyone who disagrees with them 'Nazis', are siding with a country like Ukraine. And, I don't see how people, no matter what they think of Russia, cannot appreciate that country's desire not to have NATO on its borders. I do wonder what they are going to do about Finland, which is on the way to joining NATO.

I certainly agree with the author that the West "are lacking in clarity, courage, moral fibre and backbone". Self-hatred, lack of confidence and casting aside Christianity and Western values is certainly not going to prevent war.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 6 April 2023 1:25:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
All very alarmist and encouraging of doubt.
But the reality is different.
Yes, there are a few crazy men who have worked their way in to positions of power.
You notice them because they want you to.
They mess around for a few years, creating unrest.
But the stage is really set by those you don't notice.
Those doing the mundane job of government throughout most of the world.
We have more than a few good men in positions of responsibility.
So all is not lost.
A burgeoning population is sure to bring an increase in friction between peoples.
But nothing we can't handle for the moment.
And there are always the forces of the natural world to set things 'right' again.
Wiping out more than a few humans in the process of course.
Isn't it wonderful to be alive?
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Thursday, 6 April 2023 1:30:35 PM
The solution to the unnecessary problems plaguing the the World's societies is to make people responsible for their actions without delay. There is proven merit in the old saying "you've got to be cruel to be kind" !
Tolerating taunts & oppression for too long results in the retaliator being branded the aggressor !
Posted by Indyvidual, Friday, 7 April 2023 7:15:01 AM
Fact. Russia invaded Ukraine on reasons of pure unadulterated BS! No two ways about it! And a Sabre-rattling China is aiding and abetting that crime (genocide) with all kinds of substantial military aid. All while feeding the world shiploads of BS!

I don't know how many times I've said that we need to get out from under or huge trade reliance on China as well as developing self-reliance in manufacturing and defence capability. We need nuclear subs and nuclear power (MSR thorium at 3 cents or less PKWH) to underpin manufacturing, without which we have no real defence capability.

I mean does anybody seriously believe any manufacturer is going to make anything here regardless of what it is and support coal or gas
powered power prices that go beyond 50 cents PKWH!?

I wish with all my being that we don't need to go to war with anyone of for any reason but know in my heart of hearts we must prepare for inevitable conflict!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 8 April 2023 10:54:37 AM
If it's nigh on impossible to get anything manufactured here with power prices exceeding 50 cents PKWH?

How much more likely will it be when they cross a 80 cents PKWH this year probably! All while a mantra chanting, moronic tin-eared, shite for brains, labor government says with implacable resolve, they will never ever do nuclear power!

Even if that power is safer than coal, vastly cheaper than coal and gives us a very safe and secure means of dealing effectively with highly toxic nuclear waste, i.e., MSR waste burning technology.

. And as unsubsidised MSR thorium power that could cost less than 3 cents PKWH!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 10 April 2023 10:54:04 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy