The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Review into Morrison’s pandemic actions – a storm in a saucer, not even a teacup > Comments

Review into Morrison’s pandemic actions – a storm in a saucer, not even a teacup : Comments

By Scott Prasser, published 30/11/2022

By the Albanese Government focusing on this area it is emphasising its credentials in 'cleaning up' government. By so doing it seeks to delegitimise the previous administration.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I've never been a fan of PM Morrison but I watched his parliamentary speech this morning and was mightily impressed. A bit more of that a year ago might have been useful. This was in contrast to the dirge from our current PM who seemed just a tad embarrassed by the whole thing and could probably see pay-back in his future.

The fact is that as dual minister of departments like treasury he made no decisions and even of he did, as PM he always had the ability to over-ride ministers anyway. The claim that he deprived the parliament of the chance to ask questions of the Treasurer (for example) is plainly rubbish. The Treasurer was there when needed and if not the opposition is always at liberty to ask the PM any question about any department.

This is a pile on to a now defenceless enemy. Public servants, whose careers depend on keeping the current regime happy, are saying what the ALP wants to hear.

"To be downplaying it and calling the move to censure vindictive is just partisan tripe"

In contrast to your even-handed approach?
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 30 November 2022 4:31:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear mhaze,

Even handed approach?

What?

Are you serious?

This from a bloke who was calling Andrews "Chairman" and banging on about his big "power grab"!

Yet Andrews did not hold a patch to the secretive, power hungry, conniving, backstabbing, machinations of Morrison.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 30 November 2022 6:26:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SR

I didn't claim to be even-handed nor did I critique others for failing to be. Unlike some.

.."the secretive, power hungry, conniving, backstabbing, machinations of Morrison." Now THAT'S even-handed. <smile>

Despite all his failings, at least Morrison never once had his enforcers fire on his people.
Posted by mhaze, Thursday, 1 December 2022 5:05:27 AM
Dear mhaze,

I purposely used adjectives used by members of his own side to describe him. There are plenty of others.

As to Andrews having "his enforcers fire on his people" what Murdoch level hyperbole.

It is highly unlikely that Andrews directly ordered to police to take the action they did to clear the Shrine. It did not involve bullets of any kind, not even rubber ones. These were bean bag rounds.

For the record though I'm not comfortable with the militarisation of our police forces here in Australia. The fear mongering around perceived terrorism threats has allowed it. Tactical uniforms and vehicles really have little place on our streets.

Yet the beatups of the kind you are attempting are just not warranted. The Andrews victory showed how much Victorians accepted that the measures taken, though unpleasant, were done largely for the right reasons. You need to just suck it up.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 1 December 2022 8:51:18 AM
"You need to just suck it up."

Actually I don't.

I accept the reality that the ALP won the election, while at the same time lamenting the state of a populace that can re-elect an authoritarian regime like that. I can lament the fact that the nation has chosen promised safety over freedom while accepting that that's the reality.

And I can fret for the future of freedom here and in other western countries while recognising that the populace is willing surrendering that freedom.
Posted by mhaze, Thursday, 1 December 2022 12:31:40 PM
What the hell do these lefties use for memory. They certainly don't give any impression of having one.

It was Morrison & the NSW premier who wanted to keep boarders open. Queensland & Victorian premiers were the pushers of closed boarders. I admit I was in agreement with closed boarders at the time, due mostly to me falling for lousy MSM reporting of the facts.

If Morison was in error it was not in restricting travel with in Oz, but in not slamming the national boarder shut tight.

I do find it interesting that half a dozen cases had our state boarders shut for weeks, but today 30,000 cases is usual, & ignored.

I don't give a damn personally, I, & my family were never stupid enough to be jabbed, & I acquired my Ivermectin supply from India, although at considerable expense. The one thing I will never forgive Morrison for is the restriction that made Ivermectin unobtainable here.

I guess we will have to wait 30 years to know the truth of the pressure he was under in that decision, & the stupidity of the net zero in Oz, & who was exerting that pressure. Something for my kids to learn.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 1 December 2022 12:33:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy