The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Football capitulates at Qatar > Comments

Football capitulates at Qatar : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 28/11/2022

The initial promises of protest from a number of footballers and their teams at the Qatar FIFA World Cup were always suspect and hollow.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
What does Chris Lewis say? Guess we’ll never know.

The cause of course is less than hidden.

Weeping for Iranian women is a big part of Obama/Biden ME realignment master plan.
All Heil Caesar.

There are big losers from this neurotic BS: Guess there won’t be too many weeping for Israel as the big loser.

Dan.
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 28 November 2022 8:09:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think it's in poor taste for guests to insult the hosts.
Seems to me that sporting events exist purely as a vehicle for the woke to protest something..
The west can't seem to ever let an opportunity for democratic revolution go to waste.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 28 November 2022 8:11:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I loathe all sport except shooting and gliding. Soccer is particularly loathsome.

The only thing that I have taken any interest in is the hypocrisy of Australian players who have gone to Qatar, where homosexuality is illegal, there is little in the way of human rights, and immigrants are used as virtual slave labour and die doing it - when the hypocrites make a fuss about such things home in Australia.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 28 November 2022 8:18:16 AM
Sport is sport and politics is the art of compromise. And politics should be kept out of sport.

If one wants to use sport for political reasons it has to be as a ban on all sports for a whole nation. And not left by cowards in coward's castles to the individuals or teams alone!

If any nation or FEFA wanted to underline human rights issues in Qatar, they should have insisted players stayed away and not participated in the contest!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 28 November 2022 10:40:36 AM
First they took "camp" and we didn't say anything.

And then they nicked "gay", stole "Indie" and ripped off "Rainbow".

All gone, sob ;(

Are there any straight, hetero, words left?!
Posted by Maverick, Monday, 28 November 2022 5:23:13 PM
Which reminds me of "Somewhere Over The RAINBOW" by Judy Garland.

Lucky you snuffed it in 1969 Judy, otherwise you'd become a Gay Icon.

But, as it turns out, too late:

"Garland had a large fan base in the GAY community and became a GAY ICON.[197] Reasons given for her standing among GAY men are the admiration of her ability as a performer, the way her personal struggles mirrored those of gay men in the United States during the height of her fame and her value as a CAMP figure."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judy_Garland#Gay_icon

Truth to tell. The best bloke in my unit was openly Gay, served 3 tours in Vietnam. And sadly, was the first bloke to die of AIDS in Canberra.
Posted by Maverick, Monday, 28 November 2022 5:47:52 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy