The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A week in the halls of power > Comments

A week in the halls of power : Comments

By Everald Compton, published 3/8/2022

I had hoped that the behaviour of our leaders at Question time would improve. It has not. They still abuse one another.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
It's as most of us expected. It is naive to expect different behaviour from the same people. Add in a few weirdos like the Teals, and there will be no end to bad behaviour. The goings-on in a kindergarten sandpit are more dignified than they are in Parliament.

Equally naive is the idea that an oaf like Albanese brings "hope that we can experience a long period of political stability that enables us to achieve positive progress in meeting many significant challenges that face us". How long will it take for the author to realise that's another mistake he is making.

The rest of the article seems to be just telling us how 'in' he is with these petty parliamentarians.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 3 August 2022 9:35:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm not surprised! Particularly with the news that Dutton has come out in support of nuclear power! Along with so called experts coming out with mountains of misinformation or obsolete non-relevant nuclear tech talks.

Clean, safe, cheaper than coal, nuclear power (todays) is the carbon-free, base power option that will bring energy prices down to levels even those now living below the poverty line can actually afford.

[Something Labor will always automatically reject because it's not Labor policy!

Why?

Well stupid, because it's not Labor policy! How many times do we need repeat the last statement before you understand stupid, it's not Labor policy!]

Moreover, something we can do along with rapid rail we can do ourselves without involving price gouging, tax avoiding, profit repatriating foreign investors. Preferably done before we become a bankrupt debt riddled banana republic!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 3 August 2022 10:39:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I heard Adam Brandt on the TV last night and while I previously
thought what he promoted was just the standard global warming line
I now have to believe he actually believes it !
He believes that saving 43% of 1% of the worlds emissions will save
the Great Barrier Reef, stop floods, bushfires etc etc.
He did not put in a condition that the rest of the world must comply
with his requirements for this to happen.
This guy has a PHD in Law !
It was a stupid thing to do to blow up those coal power stations
but he seems to have the same mind set.
It is true; "He really IS Stupid !"

Heavens above how can we leave control of our electricity system
in such hands ?
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 4 August 2022 4:05:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy