The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A new parliament for Australia > Comments

A new parliament for Australia : Comments

By Everald Compton, published 25/7/2022

While I dont expect Albo to take notice of my thoughts, these are my top ten priorities and I have listed them in what I believe is their order of importance.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
I think you & many others are being too hard on Abbott ttbn. I believe he wanted to get rid of 18c just as much as you, but was over ruled by the number of wets in his own party, who would not vote for it, & told him so. The Libs were much more labor lite then than even today.

The thing we must ask Everald is where would the money come from. We have blown billions on windmills, so he's got that wish, but it & Covid have left no money for grandiose plans requiring huge spending. Albo is already promising to spend billions, after attacking the budget deficit. Much of that was run up following Labor suggestions of government supporting workforce displaced by covid Policy. That policy was largely controlled by Victoria & Queensland policy, not federal. Morrison wanted to open up the economy much earlier but could not to get the Labor states to do so.

With all his spending ideas Everald has not even mentioned the major requirement of defense. Unless we get that in order, any spending elsewhere will be just a waste of money.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 25 July 2022 4:04:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My Vision for a New Australia

I disagree with all young Everald's priorities and would add.

HEALTH - there needs to be some limits on all the extra services Medicare is providing. Reduced access to those who ignore Covid Vaccinations? Wondering if the ignorants also ignore Flu vaccinations?

BRING IN MANY MORE NURSES FROM OVERSEAS TO END THE SHORTAGES.

Drop INFLATION off the list - as it is one free market outcome.

AGED CARE – A national Euthanasia choice to let terminally ill people to die with dignity.

CLIMATE, ENERGY and ENVIRONMENT assume Aus is not covered by a plastic bubble but lives in the same world as India and China who are building large coal fired stations every week.

AFFORDABLE HOUSING and INFRASTRUCTUE – Bring in cheap foreign labour to build a lot more houses and units to drive the price down while increasing availability.

INFRASTRUCTURE – build more train lines between those houses and units.

WATER – No more National Party backed draining off cheating for rice farms in the desert. No buy backs.

CONSTITUTIONAL CHANGE – No Republic as the Constitutional Monarchy is the best system.

ULURU STATEMENT – Off the list until a biological DNA test is implemented to weed out "race-shifting" white gals and guys. Then 2 votes for every ridgydidge black man, but no votes for black women.
Posted by Maverick, Monday, 25 July 2022 5:57:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sheds not bombs henryoharry29.

Great idea.

Wouldn’t it be lovely, as they say, if pansy Tony could organise as a priority the building of your beautifully designed industrial shedding for homeless shelters, as opposed to wasting multi millions contributing armament towards another losing American war!

Sure beats tents housing homeless families by the dozens in school yards of the Western Suburbs of Sydney.

Dan.
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 26 July 2022 5:30:50 AM
The angry ants of the Forum have spoken, more like their moaning and groaning as usual. After almost 10 years of corrupt do nothing conservative politics its time to move on, and Everald is right in what he's saying. Labor has promised reform in so many areas, and it 's reform that the people of Australia voted for, and now expect Labor to deliver. If Albo and his mob can substantially achieve what they have promised then government will be their for some time to come, BUT they have to deliver over the next three years, which is not going to be Alboeasy!
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 26 July 2022 6:54:06 AM
Anything would be an improvement over the last decade of do-nothing corrupt snake-oil salesmen, interested only in keeping their spotted behinds on those leather ComCars seats and enriching themselves, their sponsors and their families.
After the grand endless promises, most of which came to nothing, we have become an inward-gazing fearful and hateful country constantly at war with itself (which has always been part of the Tory strategy).

We rid ourselves of the last "mean and tricky" brigade in the same emphatic way and for the same reasons.

Historically all major changes and advances come from Labor governments - short lived as they are - but if people finally see through the partisan media influence and if the government keeps it's head and avoids blunders they may have a few terms to make up for those wasted years.
Posted by rache, Tuesday, 26 July 2022 11:31:46 PM
Albozo and his stooges have made a lot of promises as Labor does every election. The question is whether they have any intention to keep them, unlike every other Labor government.

Having waited 2 months to start parliament after promising a rapid start this is when politics collides with reality. After inheriting a strong and robust economy with sub-4 % unemployment and nearly 4% growth, Labor is now met with growing inflation. The remedies are simple, to reduce inflation spending must be cut and interest rates increased.

After promising, huge spending Albozo and his 40 thieves are faced with either being fiscally responsible and breaking promises or having interest rates skyrocket.
Posted by shadowminister, Wednesday, 27 July 2022 5:39:36 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy