The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Questionable conservative thinking in the United States > Comments

Questionable conservative thinking in the United States : Comments

By Peter Bowden, published 6/7/2022

First we must ask why do anti-abortionists argue that it is wrong. There is no explicit statement about abortion in the Old Testament or the New Testament versions of the Bible.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
RJ. If you were killed in the womb? you wouldn't moan about it afterward, would you. The poisoned blood analogy and your body used without your permission for many months, is a good one.

And clearly identifies why a women retains the right to choose wether or not to terminate an unwanted pegnancy. Preferably before there is a brain and a heartbeat!

The morning after pill needs to be purchased across the counter without a script, so also the contraceptive pill and without parental consent.

Given kids are often sexually active in their teens minus parental consent and need to be protected from themselves and immature uninformed decisions!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 6 July 2022 2:49:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In any discussion such as this it would be helpful if the precise time that human life starts were known.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 6 July 2022 3:02:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"There is no explicit statement about abortion in the Old Testament or the New Testament versions of the Bible".

Has anyone or any group with the power to make laws on abortion actually consulted the Bible? My guess is no.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 6 July 2022 3:24:10 PM
Rhys,

<<I know many people who were adopted as children due to their biological parents not wanting them. I don't recall any of them moaning that they weren't killed in the womb.>>

I was married to a woman who was an adopted child. Her adoptive parents loved her deeply and raised her to care for others.

I am not convinced that the decision to terminate a pregnancy (kill the unborn) is in the best interests of the child, especially when there are so many adults wanting children and are unable to have them.
Posted by OzSpen, Wednesday, 6 July 2022 5:26:43 PM
If you want the truth behind this nonsense and you subscribe to Spectator Australia, read 'The forgotten story behind Roe' by Joel Agius today.

If you don’t subscribe, or don’t read it, remain ignorant. What you think or say means diddly squat anyway. It's all done and dusted
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 6 July 2022 5:44:29 PM
We have to contend with a lot of useless people thanks to abortion laws !
Posted by Indyvidual, Wednesday, 6 July 2022 6:13:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy