The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > PNG goes to the polls with real doubts about their integrity > Comments

PNG goes to the polls with real doubts about their integrity : Comments

By Jeffrey Wall, published 1/7/2022

The campaign has been relativity quiet - so far. Around 30 deaths seems high but not inconsistent with recent elections.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Integrity? Is PNG's system any less open to corruption than Australia's is - vote early and often, because there are no identity requirements.

"Australia will be watching the elections closely as will China!" Which Australia? Voters, or a couple bureaucrats? Australian voters are not that interested in their own elections; at least 50% of them wouldn't turn out if it wasn't compulsory.

And why are 150 of our ADF personnel being wasted on another sovereign country’s elections, since Fabian Whitlam decided that PNG could run its own show.

Don't bother commenting "on the voting mid-way; we have more than enough problems with our own political system and its abusers.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 1 July 2022 9:33:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh God..yawn.

Why should we be remotely interested in the outcomes of a tribe of violent natives living on a remote and undeveloped island at the toe of Asia?

The fact that Asia is more likely to win in the stakes of influence with the Neanderthal outposts of PNG AND as we increasingly observe, also with the extended projections of the unimportant Asian “toe” nations of the South Pacific Island chains, all the way to NZ.
“I think I’m turning Chinese, I really think so”, it’s only natural.

We should never lose sight of our own demographic intentions in Australia, where for over forty years we have been turning assiduously into Asian look-a-likes in our desperate attempt at apologising for naughty European ancestry.

The war against Asia is over; we lost!: Lay off the beautiful Chinese!

Go for it Penny.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 1 July 2022 10:18:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PS.

I don’t vote and the above is why.

If you want more evidence of the irrelevance of voting, then look to Israel as current example of stupid.
Israel has returned to the polls five times in the past four years, and is set to return again due to its total electoral inefficiency.
( or is it four times in five years, I’m too lazy to look it up).

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 1 July 2022 10:35:37 AM
It's hardly more than a couple of generations out of the stone age! So what else would you expect? Aristotle, Socratise, Ghandi? And civilized debate, electoral integrity?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 1 July 2022 2:58:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy