The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Shameful star chambers > Comments

Shameful star chambers : Comments

By Bettina Arndt, published 28/6/2022

In a recent judgement about a sexual misconduct case at Cornell University the judge compared the campus disciplinary committees to the infamous English Star Chambers.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
This story beggars belief! First of all the girl got so off her face that she then threw up. And had to be assisted to her home. Nobody then had any business staying there. If she was that crook, then hospital and a stomach pump the order of the day. When the rest of the crew returned they clearly had issues with what they saw! For mine, nobody takes advantage of a girl so pissed she threw up and was apparently legless. Of interest is Andrew's disciple is pharmacy, i.e., drugs! Andrew may be innocent, but until the evidence is tested by unbeatable, space age lie detection. He remains under a cloud of reasonable suspicion!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 28 June 2022 9:35:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Our society’s indifference to what’s happening here is a national disgrace".

Australian society is now indifferent to just about anything they can't eat or play with.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 28 June 2022 10:04:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Actually that's not true - as the last election
results show. Most Australians do care enough to make
their voices heard - and they did just that at the
last election!
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 28 June 2022 11:17:45 AM
Anyone that has had way too much to drink and has become sick, and had to be assisted to walk! Is hardly likely to wake in an hour or so, amorous to the point of stripping the pants off an uninvited other. The room would still be spinning and she'd likely have trouble standing! And this one was off her face earlier that evening!

Sorry, Andrew, but your story smells to high heaven! Somebody removed clothing, but I doubt it was a semi conscious girl who would be mumbling, leave me alone, I feel sick!

This is victim blaming on steroids! And no real man would do that but own up and cop it sweet!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 28 June 2022 4:19:37 PM
Maybe the author of the article could learn something about academic credibility?

An anecdote that has been cited by one individual without other support is not broad based evidence of a significant issue in higher education; it's simply an observation of a potentially larger and significant sample population, yet to be justified.

However, in the US 'PC' and 'woke' etc. are being used as Trojan horses to inflame passions of non university elites, to then disrupt higher education and research, especially round climate science, women's/minority rights and more generally, the worrying development of education and empowered citizens; the 'libertarian trap'.
Posted by Andras Smith, Monday, 4 July 2022 9:57:41 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy