The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Johnny Depp's restraint > Comments

Johnny Depp's restraint : Comments

By Bettina Arndt, published 15/6/2022

Perhaps most importantly we witnessed cracks in the Believe All Women feminist edifice.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I can't stand Depp , but - three cheers for his victory!

If it is OK to say, 'believe all women', then it is OK to say, 'disbelieve all women', or 'never believe women who make complaints of sexual misconduct'.

These contentions are all extremist nonsense of course; but that's what the extremists who started the 'believe all women' rubbish are driving us towards - extremism, with truth and genuine victims the losers.

And, three cheers for Bettina Arndt, a friend not just to decent men, but also to overwhelmingly decent women who love their men, and are loved by them.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 15 June 2022 9:54:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
He's very popular and a very good actor. I note his former wife is appealing. I was suprised that some of the video evidence seems to have been ignored?

For mine the sooner we test evidence with unbeatable space age lie detection the better. And then the truth will decide outcomes rather than carisma and acting ability.

That said, not front and centre on most Aussie minds. Where the most pressing issue and routinely ignored by this site, is the cost of living and energy.

Folk are white hot with rage over the (greed is good) activities of privatized energy providers during a cold winter.

It's our coal and digging it up cost as much today in AUSD as a month ago! We used to own the power station the grid and retail outlets. when we did we had a robust manufacturing sector!

The only real change is the privatization that most citizens were against and which the (conservative) governments involved had no flagged mandate!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 15 June 2022 10:40:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
THanks Bettina Arndt for your article.
Posted by Canem Malum, Friday, 17 June 2022 1:27:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy