The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Defending press freedom in the pacific is Australia's next challenge > Comments

Defending press freedom in the pacific is Australia's next challenge : Comments

By Jeffrey Wall, published 27/5/2022

This should probably not come as a surprise, but there is some evidence that China is exercising undue influence over the media in the Pacific. and more particularly Papua New Guinea.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
If what JW says about the PNG media is true, it doesn’t need any help from Australia, whose politicians allow themselves to be bullied by the media. And, it would seem that China's Communist government would have much more luck influencing our Leftist media than it would the robust PNG lot.

Anyway, it is the PNG government's business to look after its own media, not Australia's. Australia's government cannot even deal with the ABC, which it continues paying to undermine democracy.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 27 May 2022 8:36:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I dunno where the crowd that write these articles live man!,

China is moving in. Get used to the idea.

There is only one scenario worse, that’s America moving in.

If you have a death wish, and want your Country to resemble Ukraine, than invite in the Americans.

Let’s see what China has to offer. We are already well in on the road to that destination now.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 27 May 2022 9:41:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
How is it Australia's challenge? This is surely the role of the PNG parliament! Nobody will thank us for butting in on internal domestic issues like some overbearing big brother bully!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 27 May 2022 11:34:23 AM
Dan says invite China in and see what they have to offer? I'd like to see that put to a referendum? On the condition if it fails? Then Dan will leave to live in either China or Russia that he clearly admires so much ASAP!

Perhaps even volunteer as a tank commander and given mouth watering carte blanche to machine down boys and girls as they cycle to school or their home!

Dan will possibly wonder why I hold him in such high esteem? Well it's due to the many gentle and humane comments he places here as a poster. He surely has to be, one of nature's gentlemen!?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 27 May 2022 11:47:43 AM
Press freedom.

Whats your aim here?
Stir up a civil war so you can put a puppet ruler in like they did in Pakistan last month?
It'll be interesting to see what happens there in the next week.
You people just don't give a crap who gets in the way of your agendas?
It obvious from what's happening in Ukraine that people dying doesn't bother you one bit.
The US doesn't want to end the war it created.

Where's our press freedom?
Are you suggesting our news represents actual journalism?
I'm better off watching RT than our news.
It's probably better news than the kind we regurgitate,
- go look for yourself and tell me I'm wrong.
http://www.rt.com/

What would you lot advise the people to do if China decides to invade Australia?
Arm ourselves with molotov cocktails and make us all dead civilian combatants like Ukrainians did??
Fight to the last conscripted Australian, and never give in while you hide like a rat in your safe little bunker?

I don't want any part in America's wars, so why don't you go have a chat to Uncle Sam or the CCP and work things out?
If we had nukes we could stay neutral, and not be dragged into US wars.
Go blow your war trumpet elsewhere.

Our country's becoming such a turd country to live in that I'm starting to think life would be much that much better if I lived in Siberia.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 27 May 2022 9:33:22 PM
Yes A.C. and you'd improve both countries if you moved.
And I agree that were we a nuclear armed nation we wouldn't need to contemplate fighting with China for our sovereignty or freedom. And if what's is now occurring to our immediate north doesn't force our recalcitrant pollies to act and arm us with nukes? Then what will?

Then there is all this talk of climate change and decarbing the economy. Nuclear power is the only 24/7 choice for baseload that is dispatchable and carbon-free. And if rolled out as MSR thorium comes with a price as low as 1 cent PKWH.

Renewables can't get below 3 cents and that is without the battery or pumped hydro that they'd need to be available 24/7 And that means that they cannot get below 9 cents before the wholesalers and the retailers add their margins, i.e., 18 cents and 36 cents or more if as now, state governments use reticulated energy as their personal ATM!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 28 May 2022 11:07:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy