The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Earth Day still focussed on immoral climate crusade > Comments

Earth Day still focussed on immoral climate crusade : Comments

By Tom Harris, published 27/4/2022

For the almost 10 million people who voted in the UN's own 'My World' poll 'Action on climate change' ranked dead last.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Dear Bazz,

And here I was thinking you thought climate modelling was rubbish.

Instead you take a study whose entire basis seems to be the supposed sea salt plume and the snow levels from a single ice core taken from Law Dome in Antarctica which now purports to know there was "a 19 year drought from 1174 to 1212AD".

My goodness your faith in modelling seriously eclipses mine young fella.

Well keep up the good fight.

http://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/2014GL062447
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 27 April 2022 1:53:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Most posters think that climate change is actually happening, as I do, but the cause is far from set in concrete. There appears to be a correlation with the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere, but a correlation is not a proven cause.
Higher CO2, however, has been shown to lead to faster growth of trees and other vegetation, which may offset temperature increase.

Spending billions of dollars in subsidies for solar panels etc is not justified. Essentially, such subsidies are a tax on the average person.
Posted by MESSMATE, Monday, 2 May 2022 10:42:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Interesting how so many people think their own beliefs are scientific versus actual science which is view as crap by too many?

As for the International Climate Science Coalition, DeSmog links them to Koch entities and related.....

https://www.desmog.com/international-climate-science-coalition/
Posted by Andras Smith, Tuesday, 3 May 2022 3:40:06 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tom, I'm actually a little shocked by your commentary. We are way passed a 'which way is north' discussion on climate change. The evidence worldwide shows as near certain trajectory of the future at 1.5degrees temperature raise, go forbid, 2 degrees. All other environmental issue are pinning hopes on mitigating emissions but that is not nearly enough to stop societies imploding and high levels of species loss and ecological degradation. Your 'scientific' angle on this just hasn't taking into account the predictive models in various environmental sciences out there. A person would have to be, quite literally, crazy, not to heed the warnings. I can only link you Peter Fiekowsky's new book on Climate Restoration. https://www.peterfiekowsky.com/ And a challenge to 'get off that bench you are warming.'
Posted by Owen59, Tuesday, 3 May 2022 6:52:14 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yep the data is in for me too. Its an academic pursuit to pinpoint the main causal issues in environmental degradation in a world of interdependent variables in a state of flux. We can't even overcome the problem of nations going to war so what hope is there for achieving international economic sustainability. The solutions to our unsustainable trajectory are buried far below other problems such as tribalism, narcissism, politics, systems of government and the type of people who gain power. Hopefully the decline doesn't become a cull and contamination is not limiting, so what's left will allow evolution to rebuild the biosphere, post homo sapiens sp.
Posted by Midway, Friday, 20 May 2022 7:22:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy