The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Earth Day still focussed on immoral climate crusade > Comments

Earth Day still focussed on immoral climate crusade : Comments

By Tom Harris, published 27/4/2022

For the almost 10 million people who voted in the UN's own 'My World' poll 'Action on climate change' ranked dead last.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Those people who have any doubts about climate change should have been following the series that the ABC was running on the happenings in the Antarctic. Large amounts of ice are melting. Of greater concern is the acidification of the ocean due to the greater amounts of CO2 which are being dissolved in the warmer water. This is resulting in the dissolution of the CaCO3 shells of the small crustacea which provide the food for the bottom of the food chain. The ultimate result of this will be the decimation of the whole of the Antarctic fauna. This is not speculation, this is real.
David
Posted by VK3AUU, Wednesday, 27 April 2022 8:00:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Large amounts of ice are melting.
VK3AUU,
Looks as though the Antarctic climate is gradually changing back to its original status.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 27 April 2022 8:22:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Who knew it was 'earth day'? First I heard of it. I just asked my wife if she knew about it. Yes, she heard a couple of woman saying that they turned their lights out. W-s , she said.

I am happy to find out that my automatic BS filter is working and protecting me from ratbaggery that won't go away before I die. I hope there will be a spirit version of me able to observe people living in the dark in caves as a reward for their stupidity.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 27 April 2022 9:15:33 AM
*… I hope there will be a spirit version of me able to observe people living in the dark in caves as a reward for their stupidity.…*

Unfortunately, you will not observe the culprits living in dark caves, it will be, as it now is, the poor and those with no stake in outcomes through any sort of representation applicable to them.

Those that put them in caves, are those already given elevated status with Government subsidies organised by themselves for taxation relief, and free solar panels, reducing their power bills to near zero. (And whining about too regular black outs).
The poor freeze through winter and bake through summer.

I would hope you are neither of those groups.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 27 April 2022 10:12:09 AM
The only immoral climate change issue is those morons who deny it and write risible rubbish and blatant BS to support their, garbage in garbage out C.R.A.P.

Action on real climate change is exactly what the world now to avoid a depression!

And is as simple as transitioning to MSR thorium nuclear power then using huge surplus, ultracheap nuclear power to transform seawater into all manner of fuel, fertilizer and biodegradable plastic. Creating wealth opportunities and well paid jobs!

Those who fear and argue against that have a case to answer to the rest of the world and generations yet unborn!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 27 April 2022 10:41:22 AM
Climate change has been going on for thousands of years.
The geological record and the historical record tells us this.
Except for those being brainwashed by school teachers it is
gradually dawning on people that the panic is ending.
The science indicates that the current conditions will be stable
for the next hundred years or so when a slow decline will set in.
We are like the Vikings in Greenland around 1000 ad, enjoying
reasonable weather for crops etc, but in four hundred years we may get
an increase in droughts and a few very long droughts.
Australia had a 19 year drought from 1174 to 1212AD in Medieval Warming.
Another drought was 1500 to 1522 ref Vance TR et al 2014 Interecadel
Pacific variability and Eastern Australian megadroughts.
The changing climate conditions forced the Vikings to abandon Greenland around 1400 ad.
Its is not new it has all been known for hundreds of years.
It is just that it has not been taught.

To Paraphrase Bill Clinton; ITS THE SUN STUPID !
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 27 April 2022 1:17:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy