The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The endless repeat of history > Comments

The endless repeat of history : Comments

By Graham Young, published 26/4/2022

The rare Cassandras of the world can see exactly what is going to happen, but their curse is that most of the time no one listens to them.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Early Christians were a small bodies of former Jews, Greeks, Romans and a medley of other races. Who also believed in reincarnation as a core belief, i.e., to reach unto the kingdom of heaven ye must be born again.

It is endless reinterpretation to put new meaning into original text for base political purpose and the wielding of power that is the undoing of the original teaching of the plain speaking master. Who never spoke in riddles, but used descriptive story telling (parables) to make misunderstanding impossible.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 26 April 2022 1:15:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Graham has written a very interesting and thought-provoking article. it is very important to consider our current history in the light of our past history.
It is wonderful to read the opinion of someone who is not frightened to discus faith and religious belief.
Well done Graham.
Posted by James17, Tuesday, 26 April 2022 1:20:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Your article , regrettably , is beyond the comprehension of modern educators . The same educators who are feeding an even more dismal radical 'education ' into students today .

I cannot see the return of a study of an untainted , non political history in the future , let alone a new version of a classical history .

The western civilisation is being led like lemmings to it's future doom by the educators of today , both is schools and universities.

Frankly , I am glad of being my present age , without children.
Posted by Aspley, Tuesday, 26 April 2022 1:53:39 PM
Yes lets learn from history, & make sure we never have another Churchill. He had read too many of the old "Boys Own Adventure" comics, & was too full of daring do. Those great noble gestures bound to fail, but to fail glorious. Well gloriously if you are the commander in your underground bunker, rather than the commando doing all the daring.

It wasn't just the ANZACs Paul, there were plenty of things like Dieppe as well.

Then again lets not have any more Douglas MacArthurs either. Lorded for his promise to return to the Philippians, "I shall return" & all that histrionics, it's just a pity he had to kill a couple of million Philipinos half a million Japs, & a hundred thousand yank causalities, when the place could have been easily bypassed as were so many other Jap strongholds.

Yes knowing some history should protect from such megalomaniacs, if we let it.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 26 April 2022 2:17:09 PM
Here is a very "cassandra" real time assessment of the humanly caused situation in 2022

A summary statement:
"The humanly created world is ego-mummery.The world is mad.Humankind is in a constant state of extreme psychosis - don't you know? Therefore, knowing that, choose to take the cure."

The leading edge of that psychosis is of course Western man (in particular) - this includes the Russians.

http://www.beezone.com/beezones-main-stack/ontranscendingtheinsubordinatemind.html

http://www.dabase.org/not2p1.htm 100 or so summary statement - note the first statement re how the old "order" (such as it was is now kaput)

http://www.nottwoispeace.org/excerpt-reality-humanity

http://www.beezone.com/whats-new the dark force/engine/pattern that controls the humanly created psychosis that is now being dramatized all over the world.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Tuesday, 26 April 2022 5:52:15 PM
Meandering and at times a little disjointed but I actually enjoyed the author's reflections in this article.

I will note that if Churchill is deemed a Cassandra where does that leave Menzies with his sometimes effusive praise of both Hitler and Mussolini”

Just a small nitpick if I may.

This quote” “I teared up when I thought of those young men (and some not so young like my great-grandfather) who were standing in the landing barges about to charge up a beach under savage gunfire.”

Is a little hard to reconcile with the flimsy timber landing boats which the ANZACs squeezed into 30 at a time. They weren't barges and there was very little likelihood of the soldiers standing in such a small craft.

http://joyofmuseums.com/museums/australasia-museums/australian-museums/museums-in-melbourne-australia/shrine-of-remembrance/lifeboat-from-the-ss-devanha

And the famous No.6 from the Ascot.

http://www.awm.gov.au/articles/blog/gallipoli-landing-boat

And I fully agree that we “need to think about how we reintroduce imagination into our culture”. The task is to imagine a future where we treat our indigenous people and the history of colonisation with the respect acknowledgement it deserves. And some of that is happening in our school right now, much to the chagrin of the culture warriors of the author's party.

Or is truth and beauty and goodness only to be found in the classic fed to our private school attendees?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 26 April 2022 7:32:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy