The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia's Antarctic spending surge is extravagant, un-strategic and poorly targeted > Comments

Australia's Antarctic spending surge is extravagant, un-strategic and poorly targeted : Comments

By Brendan O'Reilly, published 30/3/2022

On 22 February PM Morrison announced $804.4 million in additional investment on Australia's Antarctic territories over the next ten years.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Extravagant spending, poorly targeted. Nothing unusual for the left wing Morrison government then.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 30 March 2022 9:05:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If/when Labor gets into government, they will be able to keep blaming the Liberals for the economic mess they left behind - just like the Liberals used to blame them.

The difference will be, that Labor will not be able to repair the Liberal's damage as the Liberals used to be able to repair Labor's damage. With only Tweedledum and Tweedledee to chose from - unless voters stop singing the chorus of that old song the name of which I can't remember: "give me money, I want money" - Australia looks to be rooted more than ever. Get ready for the Great Reset, which, unlike they claim, you won't not own nothing and be happy, you will just own nothing.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 30 March 2022 9:31:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I disagree and given my druthers would increase our investment and territorial claim! If China has a problem with that, then lets claim a big slice of Hong Kong to underline how tenuous China's (ruler of the world) Claims are in any part of the southern hemisphere. Our economic zone!

And we should conduct mineral explorations as well, given every fool knows, it is only a question of time before the Antarctic is mined by someone!

And that being so, better it is us than others, as we complain ineffectually from the spectators pavilion! Treaties are only as good as those who honour them!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 30 March 2022 11:07:48 AM
Thanks for the article Brendan O'Reilly. Antarctica is an interesting place.
Posted by Canem Malum, Saturday, 2 April 2022 1:11:07 AM
I found your article interesting, especially re Heard Island.

The $804 million over 10 years. Will that still apply if Labor gets in? Maybe it's needed to keep the Chinese in Antarctica at bay.

$80 million per year is a lot of money - maybe it is needed to keep the Aussies warm! Personally I think there are better things to spend such large amounts of money on - such as increasing the Newstart allowance.
Posted by MESSMATE, Monday, 4 April 2022 9:39:06 PM
MESSMATE said- "The $804 million over 10 years. Maybe it's needed to keep the Chinese in Antarctica at bay. $80 million per year is a lot of money - maybe it is needed to keep the Aussies warm! Personally I think there are better things to spend such large amounts of money on - such as increasing the Newstart allowance."

Answer- We should spend the money to keep our territory. We shouldn't increase the Newstart budget- the state governments need to stop holding the federal government hostage by state vax policies prejudicially denying the unvaxxed the ability to work apparently in contradiction to the constitution.

The federal government needs to use the gst money to repair some of the economic damage done by the state governments. Hopefully the public are wise enough to see that most of the damage has been done by the state governments and re-elect Prime Minister Scott Morrison in May in protest against the Labor actions that have vastly extended the crises by not locking state borders and the ports and shutting down economic activity
Posted by Canem Malum, Monday, 4 April 2022 11:06:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy