The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > ‘Mean Girls’ will shape the next election > Comments

‘Mean Girls’ will shape the next election : Comments

By Graham Young, published 29/3/2022

The problem for Liberals pursuing the issue of bullying is that it resonates with their enemies, not their supporters.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
All par for the feminisation of society.
Time to buy shares in the Amazon jungle and refine the art of piranha fishing using men for bait.

Men are born to be hopeless suckers around women. Pathetic.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 29 March 2022 5:16:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ah, the 2022 election. Just another example of a major political party waiting for the public to tire of the current government.

Australia is indeed really insignificant in the world of politics, but thankfully one with powerful allies as we bicker amongst ourselves about less important issues like blaming gender or the greens for our current woes.

But the Libs are indeed losing on both issues, gender and the environment
Posted by Chris Lewis, Tuesday, 29 March 2022 7:59:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As always, the people, no matter how gormless, will decide; and governments lose, oppositions do not win: particularly ones like the Albanese opposition.If they do form government, it will be like the Bradbury Olympic skating medal because the other contestants all fell over - according to one wit. And there are some interesting options for voters this time.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 29 March 2022 8:30:23 AM
Chris L.

Only yesterday I unearthed the startling statistic which if true, puts the great divide between the poor hapless voter and the ruling Political elite into a perfect perspective.

The percentage of people sic that are actual members of the Liberal party is 0.29% of the population.

I didn’t even bother at that point to unearth the same statistic for the Labour Party, but would imagine it to be slightly more on traditional grounds of its history.

Do you believe following from that that the balance of the 99.0% of those like myself give a tinkers damn about women in politics.
Well yes I do; because I like many around me continue to be traumatised with the thought of the historical Julia Gillard.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 29 March 2022 8:31:27 AM
Dan, I think quite a lot of the 99% would care about gender issues.

Besides my own many imperfections with my partner and daughter, I have no issue with gender issues (albeit some are topics are over the top for me), and do not share any fear that any Western societies will be weakened by female leaders or any issue related to sexuality.

BTW, I would rate Gillard above Rudd, Abbott and Morrison, but many may disagree with my opinion.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Tuesday, 29 March 2022 8:42:56 AM
CL

Joan of Arc is an interesting addition to female politicians.
She was directly responsible for the rout of the British from France which ended the hundred year war.

Interestingly though she achieved the aim by rallying a demoralised French army with religious symbolism.
A girl from the back-blocks. I imagine something like maybe; Jacquiline Louise Lambie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacqui_Lambie) or even Pauline Hanson.

Now both of them ooze the true female grit which men can admire; and maybe curl up in their tent on the front line and dream about..wink.

Dan.
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 29 March 2022 9:43:34 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy