The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Russia's invasion of Ukraine: outing the Iraq War white washers > Comments

Russia's invasion of Ukraine: outing the Iraq War white washers : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 7/3/2022

The guilty can be devious in concealing their crimes, and their role in them. The greater the crime, the more devious the strategy of deception.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
More screaming across the canyon of “Partisan Divide”.

Where is truth?

I think the notion ; “Truth is the cornerstone of Democracy”, has long ago proved itself as a lie.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 7 March 2022 7:52:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There's simply no comparison! the war on Iraq was our response to the annexing of Kuwait by Saddam. If we made a booboo, it was that we didn't go in hard enough for long enough and then left our Arab allies in the lurch to reap a whirlwind of lethal reprisals.

Today's lesson is, the price of freedom is eternal vigilance, and a deployable defense that has real teeth. Those teeth are nuclear subs, nuclear weapons and a willingness to deploy them if attacked.

We also need a far more robust manufacturing arm and R+D development that has no equal!

Sitting on hands lamenting, has run its course, as has the endless blame game that has served witless political opportunists!

It's time to unite behind a unity leadership that means what it says and says what it means! no if, buts or maybes!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 7 March 2022 11:06:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If I were a foreign General tasked with attacking Australia, I'd send a few dozen cruise missiles in, hugging the the ground to avoid the radar!

Their first target of choice would be open cut coal mines and fires in them that would completely occupy the minds of the alleged leaders, then I'd repeat the proceedure and attack all the coal-fired power stations similtaneously. And task the fifth column with attacks on remote location transmission towers.

The country would then be in the dark with almost all communications shut down, those that weren't, the very next target of the ground hugging cruise missiles. then I'd send in the anphibious assault, starting with Freemantle and then Perth.

Then with that as the beachhead, on to Adelaide by rail. Then use the rail line again from there to move troops, tanks and other equipment into Melbourne, then Sydney and Brisbane.

A few smart bombs on radar and military bases along the way up to Townsville, would limit any viable resistance or defense.

It could be over in six days with the right plan of shock and awe attack!?

As for our allies, what could they do in retaliation? Make long winded speeches and thump lecterns? Because, that's all they did while the more strategically valuable Ukraine was being anhiliated!?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 7 March 2022 11:42:31 AM
Alan, the destruction of a couple of high level bridges on the lines
would stop them for months. Even low level bridges would stop the
trains long enough.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 7 March 2022 3:58:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy