The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The day the ninth life ended: reflections on a passing cat > Comments

The day the ninth life ended: reflections on a passing cat : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 15/2/2022

If cats, as Winston Churchill observed, look down on people there is only hope that somewhere, her essence is gazing downwards.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I got a cat after seeing how much my elderly mother enjoyed her pet cat. Sadly after 11.5 years my own cat couldn't overcome the hyperthyroidism, allergic to the medicine. Sorry for your loss.
Posted by Francesca, Tuesday, 15 February 2022 10:30:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
While I'm not a cat lover and prefer dogs as pets who give unconditional love. A couple of cats, strays that wandered in and adopted me as their companion and carer. Lisa was a white and gray that who seemed more dog than cat? Loved riding in the car. paws on the dash and head held high as she took in all the sights from the safety of the vehicle. Or tucked inside my woolen jumper head only visible as we chased down the occasional errant dog that made the error to invade her territory. She was totally fearless as an adult cat and clawed the odd dog's nose to send them howling back from whence they came.

She always greeted me with a rush to my side and loud purring when I came home from work. She enjoy porriage with cream and always ready to lick the bowl clean, when I had had my share. Ditto fish fingers. She loved sharing my bed and would climb in uninvited to warm my feet, purring with unrestrained pleasure.

Missy was a fearless Burmese stray that also wandered in as a young feral adult and loved bedtime, milk, sardines on toast and me. She was sunning herself hidden behind the rear wheel of my car as an old cat who's hearing was compromised by age. And didn't move when the car rolled over her.

I miss her, Snowy, tramp, blue and nell. Absolutely fearless, stumpy tail Nell being the only non stray dog I've had as a companion animal. The smartest and the one I miss the most.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 15 February 2022 11:02:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
One less bird killer allowed to roam by an irresponsible owner.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 15 February 2022 12:52:39 PM
Totally relate, Binoy, sad time. We have an elegant and super-smart blue-cream burmese, completely a people cat, but also fiercely of her own mind, nearly 20, ferocious mouser that has never harmed a bird. Hoping I die before her.
Posted by Steve S, Tuesday, 15 February 2022 8:18:45 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy